New job Senior Computer Technician in Ontario
Senior Computer Technician
Company : ADGA Group Consultants Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Founded in 1967, ADGA is a privately owned and operated Canadian company. We employ over 700 highly skilled team members who apply their knowledge and expertise in service delivery of advanced technology solutions for clients in the Defence, Security and Professional Services markets across Canada.
Celebrating over 50 years in business, we are proud to be one of Canada’s most trusted professional engineering and consultancy firms. Our clients continue to rely on ADGA to provide subject matter expertise, and quality talent to fulfill their business objectives. We have done so successfully by anticipating and responding to the constant changes in technology, and evolving with agility.
Our culture of commitment, trust, and accountability guides our business, fosters our growth, and is at the core of our relationships with clients, employees and consultants. Whether your projects are complex, large-scale requirements, or dependable, professional resources to execute on time, and on budget, you can count on ADGA to deliver. We are dedicated to your success.
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced Senior Computer Technician to join their team on a long term contract as soon as possible.
This is a great opportunity where you will be able to provide server, network management and client system administration!
- Server administration
- Client system administration.
- Account creation (Exchange Server)
- Working in a virtual environment (using VMWare)
- Network management.
- Configuration tools such as SCCM will be used.
- 10+ years of work experience within a Computer Technician role.
- Experience working with Microsoft, and the Unix or Linux operating systems.
- Experience working in a server support role which would include disaster recovery functions.
- Working with High Level Architecture (HLA) federations.
- Experience supporting VMWare.
- A Cisco Certification such as the CCNA/CCNP, or MCSC Certification would be highly desirable.
- An understanding of IT security and monitoring tools such as SCOM would be a strong asset.
- 3 year College Diploma highly desired - in System or Network Management, or a University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Must be eligible for the Enhanced and Secret level "federal government" clearances and "controlled goods" program. Will need at least the Enhanced level to start.
- Candidates will need to be available to work on-site full time. Looking for local candidates or candidates willing to re-locate to the Kingston area.
- Currently, this contract will go until the summer of 2022 with a very strong potential of extension.
ADGA commits to putting diversity into action to build a stronger, more representative team and help our customers and communities thrive. We are a proudly Canadian and woman-led company, striving to further diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and provide every individual with the opportunities and resources to help them reach their full potential.
ADGA s'engage à mettre la diversité en action pour bâtir une équipe plus forte et plus représentative et aider nos clients et nos communautés à prospérer. Nous sommes une entreprise fièrement canadienne, dirigée par une femme. Nous nous engageons pour promouvoir la diversité, l'équité et l'inclusion dans le milieu de travail et d'offrir à chaque personne les possibilités et les ressources qui lui permettront de réaliser son plein potentiel.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations