New job Senior Accountant in British Columbia
Company : Frost Lake Logging Ltd.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – FROST LAKE LOGGING LTD – PRINCE GEORGE, BC
SPECIAL NOTE* The team at Frost Group are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees and those that we interact with. Our close-knit team of five people have all decided to double vaccinate to continue our open-door team atmosphere. Until further notice, all interviews will be held virtually, with arrangements made to accommodate your schedule and technology preference.
Headquartered in Prince George with projects all over Northern BC, Frost Group is a dynamic, growing, equipment-based construction company. Some examples of projects we've contributed to include BC Hydro-Site C, and CGL Pipeline. But what makes us unique is that we utilize our theoretical knowledge in very practical ways with unique challenges on the different projects, our team evolves dependent on the contracts. Our collaborative, inclusive team atmosphere nurtures personal growth and job satisfaction, as evidenced by our 5 out of 5 rating on Glassdoor and Jobssummary.
We're adding ambitious and driven members to our team who are inspired to be their best and ready to move the business forward.
Frost Group is presently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Controller/CFO, the Senior Accountant is to help streamline processes, perform monthly reconciliations, adjust entries, and track cash flow while learning to cover the roles of other team members like payroll, accounts payable and receivable, and other accounting related duties.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate accounting knowledge in the management of Cost & G/L Transactions to Trial Balance and Statement Generation analysis and adjusting entries. Solid A/P, A/R and Revenue Invoice Generation for Clients should be a part of this background. The incumbent can grow with the company.
- Provide accounting related support to Controller and Field Administrators.
- Perform accounting duties such as monthly bank reconciliations, calculation and posting of deprecation, ensuring payables are coded correctly, and all other general accounting duties.
- Under the direction of the Controller, produce monthly financial statements (including balance sheet analysis and adjustment where required) for various companies in the Frost Group.
- Cash management and payables processing.
- Help to cover time off for Reception, Payroll, and other roles in the Prince George office.
- A Diploma or Degree in Business/Accounting is required and/or those on their way to their CPA designation will be considered
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills, which will be utilized to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated sound work ethic and positive work attitude
- Salary will be based on education & experience and highly competitive for the right candidate
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to take courses through the company
- How to Apply:
If you're intrigued by job profile described above, we invite you to apply with your resume and cover letter illustrating how you would be an ideal fit with our team to [email protected].
We thank all interested candidates for applying and will contact those who qualify for an interview. No phone calls please. Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a thorough background check.
Our core values are to loyalty, honesty and commitment. If you identify with these values, you could be a great fit and valued member of our team!
For further information or to submit your interest please contact Ben McFarlane, our Controller with experience in private/public practice and the forestry sector: [email protected] or (250) 562-2487.