New job Screener/Cleaner in Ontario
Company : City of Thunder Bay
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
As an equal opportunity employer, the City of Thunder Bay encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
ONTARIO HUMAN RIGHTS CODE: * It is a contravention of the Human Rights Code of Ontario to discriminate on the basis of: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, age, record of offences, gender identity or gender expression. Therefore, a resume submitted to the City must not include references to any of the above characteristics. Do not include:
- Any certificates that have photo identification
- Driver’s licences
- Police records checks
Note: The above documentation will be requested by the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division should you be the successful applicant. If a Criminal Record Check is required it will be requested by Human Resources should you be the successful applicant. Please do not submit your Criminal Record Check with your application.
ACCOMMODATION: * Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
PRIVACY: *Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 302, as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to the Human Resources & Corporate Safety Division, 125 Syndicate Ave Suite 42, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7E 6H8, Telephone: 625-3866
Application forms must reference the competition number and be submitted to Human Resources by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Please ensure you indicate your availability in your application.
Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Sport & Community Event Development Coordinator, performs cleaning duties for the facility operation of Fort William Gardens and other municipal event venues during and after major events, hockey games and other rentals.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Conducts screening of participants and spectators as required.
- Sweeps the building including all stairs and aisle-ways.
- Picks up all garbage and debris related to events.
- Cleans arena/stadium seating.
- Disinfects high touch surfaces as required.
- Mops concrete areas between arena seating if required.
- Cleans and wipes marks on walls, dormitory exits, and signs.
- Empties garbage if required.
- Completes paperwork in a timely manner and adheres to procedures for filing.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum 14 years of age
- Must have good customer service skills and be courteous and tactful in dealing with the public
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT*:
- Must be available for evenings and weekends
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations