New Job Safety Advisor In Alberta
Company : Alcor Facilities Management Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
PEOPLE. PROCESS. PERFORMANCE.
We are growing and we need you for our team!
We invest in our people and our processes so we can offer the highest level of expert performance possible.
We offer our employees competitive wages, a full benefits package, training. Flight allowance per shift rotation and accommodations might be considered for non-local candidates.
Opportunity: Safety Advisor
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Schedule: 7 days on 7 Days off
Accommodations: Local hires preferred, no travel/housing accommodations provided.
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Reports To: HSE Manager
Safety Advisor will assist in the day to day activities and have a working knowledge of the safety regulatory requirements within the province of Alberta. Advisors will be versatile in all phases of health and safety management including but not limited to; Leading incident investigations, hazard assessments, site inspections and observations, preparing reports, promoting a safe work environment, conduct orientations, toolbox talks and safety meetings.
- Preferred - CRSP or OH&S Diploma with 5 years industrial field experience
- Minimum - NCSO with 5 years industrial field experience
- Completed CSTS 09/OSSA Regional or BSO training
- Root Cause Analysis Training (Tap-Root or DNV SCAT is preferred)
- Valid ACSA COR Auditor training & certification
- Valid Standard First Aid CPR/AED Certification
- Knowledge to complete initial WCB reporting.
- Familiarity with maintaining Avetta, ComplyWorks, ISNetworld, Canqual etc…
- Superior knowledge of Provincial and National HSE regulations.
- Very Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong planning, organizing and multi-tasking abilities with good written and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement health and safety performance related systems and procedures where required.
- Self-motivated, flexible & willing to assist with additional safety related items that may not be part of the initial job description.
- Able to work well with staff, contractors or client personnel
- Must have a proactive and positive communicative approach to the role.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Trade background or additional industrial experience to the above is preferred.
- Safety equipment training / inspection certification preferred.
Role & Responsibilities of Safety Advisor:
(It is not the intent of this job description to specify all duties associated with the position, but to give a general understanding of the primary roles and responsibilities.)
- Continuous review, updating, implementation of Company online safety management system “SafetySync” as it relates to the project area.
- To review and enforce Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as any Company or Client specific rules that may meet or exceed regulatory requirements with all Company site employees.
- Complete Project Safety Inspections with Company Supervision and client representatives as needed.
- Be a liaison along with the client for any government / regulatory inspectors
- To review and assess the effectiveness of the HSE Program and determine if adequate compliance is being maintained with the ability to identify areas requiring improvement based on findings.
- Continuously monitor front line workers to ensure compliance is followed in regard to safety rules and procedures outlined by both the company and the Client/Owner.
- Responsible for the review, development, distribution, maintenance, reporting and filing of all HSE documentation such as but not limited to JHA’s, SWP’s, FLHA’s, Toolbox Talks, BBO’s, Weekly Safety Meetings, Inspections, Safety Literature, Bulletins, Posters and Rules.
- Assist in training Club employees in use of Field Level HSE Documents such as JHA’s, Procedures, Practices and FLHA’s
- Assist Client Security staff in any Company employee Security sensitive situations.
- Complete Company safety orientations for all new employees, subcontractors, visitors or client representatives as needed.
- Develop, implement, test and revise the site-specific Emergency Preparedness Plan as required.
- Lead and discuss all identified corrective actions with field supervision/management or client to ensure prompt completion and future prevention methods are implemented. (Incident Investigations, Near Miss or Hazard ID’s)
- Review/Post all Safety Incidents, Inspections, bulletins, audit results and new changes to policies, procedures or rules with front line workers.
- Lead all Company Incident investigations with client HSE representatives and complete the incident investigation process as well as ensure any required reporting is completed in a timely manner. Develop any corrective actions and learning from investigations while also reviewing incident summary reports to identify unwanted trends and complete lessons learned communications.
- Professionally order suspension of activities with site management or supervision which pose threats to workers' health and safety.
- Attend any required Company/Client HSE meetings
- Responsible for completion of all project specific HSE statistical reports
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 12 hour shift
- Are you local to Fort McMurray or have accommodations in Fort McMurray?
- Safety: 1 year (preferred)