New job RN Supervisor in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
This is an until –filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
This posting is for 1 (one) full time permanent position
This posting will also be used for anticipatory vacancies such as full-time permanent, part-time permanent and term positions within Continuing Care.
What makes the Yukon truly special are the people who live here. Yukoners have always looked out for one another and taken care of each other. That’s precisely the kind of Continuing Care program we have in Yukon. We care for the dignity and individuality of the residents in our care and work to create a place they can call home. If this sounds like your kind of Yukon, then you’re our kind of candidate.
Our Philosophy: “We are a community that respects and promotes dignity, individual freedom, choice, and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living. We continually strive to create a feeling of home and belonging for all who live here by being responsive to the uniqueness of each resident.”
These positions work in collaboration with all Program Managers and are part of the leadership team in a trans-disciplinary setting. Responsible for overseeing the operations of Continuing Care Facilities during their assigned shifts including; providing professional nursing care to facility residents and managing medical emergencies, managing/supervising the trans-disciplinary care team, and overseeing building security and emergency procedures as needed
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Lisa Wallace at (867) 332-3624 or [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. Click here create your account to apply
*Refer to: here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Current registration with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory authority
- Recently applied knowledge of nursing theory, practices & techniques normally acquired through work experience while working with seniors, adults and/or children, preferably in a long term care environment
- Team leader and/or supervisory experience.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Dedicated to providing the highest standard of resident care by way of your excellent clinical and assessment skills and your genuine desire to work with residents in long term care
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with and lead a variety of disciplines in a team atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Conditions of Employment: TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance, CPR Level HCP (completed within last 18 months), Food Safe, TDG, WHMIS 2015, valid class 5 Drivers Licence, and current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association.
Job Requirements: Shift work, exposure to animals, latex products, second hand smoke from residents, heavy lifting and bending.
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please click here:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: Yukon Life and Travel Yukon