New job Residence Support Worker (Yukon) in Yukon
Residence Support Worker (Yukon)
Company : John Howard Society Pacific
Salary : $31.12 an hour
Location : Yukon
The John Howard Society (JHS) Pacific and Council of Yukon First Nations (CYFN) will be working in collaboration on several important initiatives and recently signed a partnership agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to confirm the organizations’ shared approach to programming that support Yukon First Nations with complex needs and formalize the arrangement for governance of the organizations’ shared activities.
We are a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
JHS Pacific is working with the Yukon Review Board to provide community housing supports. The role of the organization will ensure opportunities for the resident to safely engage in key areas of life including home, relationships, social and cultural communities, employment, and health and wellness. You will work directly with resident and other community service providers to ensure a safe and supportive environment.
HOURS (Multiple Positions Available)
Mornings (08:00 – 16:00)
Evenings (16:00 – 00:00)
Overnights (00:00 – 08:00)
Casual employees must be available for at least ten overnight, ten daytime, and ten evening shifts each month.
These positions require the ability to work flexible hours during the daytime, evenings, and weekends based on operational needs.
- Participates in program planning for individuals living semi-independently. Documents and implements the plan and provides input into the evaluation of the program.
- Evaluates client needs and develops short-term plans to meet such needs with the active participation of clients and their families.
- Supports clients to function independently in their own homes and in the community by assisting with life skills development and/or behaviour management
- Recognizes and deals with potential emergency situations to minimize potential harm to the clients and/or the public.
- Works directly with community service providers, government and non-government organizations, and First Nations service providers to develop and implement individual support plans consistent with harm reduction and JHSP philosophies and practices.
- Participate in team meetings and corporate initiatives, engage in ongoing team planning and quality improvement activities, participate in maintaining a healthy environment for clients and team, and perform a variety of clerical duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Diploma in Social Services and one-year of related experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
- Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
- A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
- Ability to provide a high level of motivation, flexibility, and sensitivity to residents
- Ability to successfully pass a Reliability Security Clearance and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Ability to successfully pass a reference check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Valid driver’s licence
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients (negotiable depending on program location and needs)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including by reason that you are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or possess a current government-issued work permit
The starting wage is $31.12. The wage will increase with every 2,000 hours worked up to a maximum of $36.23 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an inhouse counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At JHS Pacific, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including but not limited to members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities, and people with disabilities.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $31.12 per hour
- 8 hour shift