New job Project Manager in Northwest Territories
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
We are on the lookout for a talented Project Manager to join our team in Yellowknife.
As an experienced Project Manager you will join our environmental team in Northwest Territories developing client relationships and supporting our expanding range of project work. You have a background in environmental science, and bring experience managing multi-disciplinary projects and navigating regulatory process in NT.
You are looking for an opportunity to grow, have an entrepreneurial mind set and are motivated by team development and problem-solving. Ideally working from our offices in Yellowknife, NT, or Vernon, BC, we are open to discussing alternative locations for candidates who can demonstrate success working from a distance and are willing to travel, as necessary.
What you will be doing:
- Generating new business opportunities and maintaining client relationships, focusing on the transportation, mining, and government sectors.
- Leading multi-disciplinary and complex projects, including study design, regulatory process, field planning and data analysis.
- Managing projects, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, safety planning, technical leadership and project team coordination.
- Writing work plans and proposals, technical reports, and communications for non-technical audiences.
- Supporting the development of the team and mentoring staff.
- Developing a network of sub-consultants and partners.
- Collaborating with a dynamic team of environmental scientists and engineers across various geographies.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science).
- Project management experience with 8+ years of experience in consulting.
- Strong knowledge of the Northern markets, including key client sectors and regulatory process.
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills.
- Experience in aquatic science, hydrology, environmental assessment and permitting is considered an asset.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including extended health, dental coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and matching company pension program.
- Culture that promotes sustainability, accessibility, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ongoing support for your professional development and growth, including mentoring programs, training opportunities, professional designation support, and a Young Professionals Group.
- Work environment that focuses on your health, safety, and overall wellness, including COR® (Certificate of Recognition) certification, fitness allowance, and local wellness activities.
- Opportunities to participate in social club activities and events (including our biennial company-wide Olympics), lunch-and-learns, and community support initiatives.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, you can forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Rebekka Lindskoog ([email protected]); please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations