New job Project Manager in Manitoba
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of comprehensive implementation plans and goals-based reporting for the WAPW projects, with a focus on IT projects.
The Project Manager will play an integral role in project planning and execution and will act as a professional point of contact for internal and external clients to ensure project milestones are communicated and met successfully.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Lead small to medium sized projects on behalf of the PMO and assists the project manager in the creation and coordination of project plans and activities, and monitoring of contract deliverables
- Demonstrates business and technical acumen to ensure deliverables and expected outcomes align with the Business Case.
- Develop change management plans for projects and/or change initiatives
- Assist in defining the project scope and deliverables
- Maintain project records, databases and project files, entering project information into planning software to ensure that all documents and notes are compliant with industry requirements; generates financial summaries where required
- Develop and maintain project key performance indicators
- Set review schedule, assess project progress and implementation recommendations or to address changes needed to stay on time and budget.
- Provides general project information to inquiries received via all incoming channels
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices and development of support documentation
- Manage administrative tasks and organize documentation for project diligence
- Assist in managing project budget, timelines, and resource allocations
- Assist in preparation of project status reports and other project documentation as required
- Act as a resource person for project team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- 3 or more years of formal project management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading IT-related projects, including large-scale software integration
- Experience with change manage management and proven ability to lead organizational change management activities within a project
- Professional designation such as PMP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead functional, technical, and strategic discussions to drive successful outcomes.
- Experience with project/planning software an asset
- High level of professionalism that allows clients to feel comfortable and able to discuss personal information.
- Ability to translate client needs into project plans and deliverables
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to proactively organize and manage a high volume of time-sensitive tasks and work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated, reliable work ethic with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and work requirements with the ability to navigate fluctuations in work volume
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex and technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively in high-stress situations
- Fulfill continuing education requirements to complete a PMP designation.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.