New job Print Technician in Ontario
Company : Town of Oakville
Salary : $54,643 - $66,656 a year
Location : Ontario
Permanent Full Time CUPE 1329
Open to all Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
This position reports to the Supervisor, Corporate Print and Mail Services.
- Coordinate and perform all print and finishing requests for the Corporation, as required.
- Maintain a high level of product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Recommend and when feasible implement ideas that make the Print/Mail Centre operation more efficient and cost effective.
- Maintain online request forms on SharePoint and collect data as required.
- Assist with review and approval of Print/Mail Centre invoices, where applicable.
- Print month end mail account data and provide to Financial Operations. Input into tracking file (excel).
- Maintain inventory of all Print/Mail supplies and order supplies (paper, letterhead and envelopes, plotter paper, foam core, bindings, toner, postage, etc.) as required.
- Ensure print/mail maintenance occurs in accordance with contractual obligations. Ensure all equipment is maintained in excellent condition and down time is kept to a minimum.
- Perform preventative maintenance on various pieces of Print/Mail Centre equipment, including the print/copiers.
- Place service calls on various pieces of equipment when required.
- Use Fiery Commend Work Station to send electronic files to the printers.
- Use Adobe Acrobat Professional to create a PDF from multiple electronic files, or scanning from a hard copy to create an electronic copy, to amend or make appropriate changes when required.
- Set print properties accordingly in the print driver for electronic files.
- Adjusting orientation, size, colour tones and brightness.
- Use on-line print request process for printing and tracking of print jobs.
- Use e-mail in accordance with corporate standards to communicate with staff/customers about print and finishing requests.
- Assist with research and recommendations for equipment to be purchased that would best fill the needs of the Print/Mail Centre.
- Develop and keep up to date procedures and guidelines related to print and mail services.
- Assist with training, orientation, and assistance with work prioritization for the print/mail student and any temporary staff.
- Attend annual trade show, seminars, workshops relating to print systems and software. Monitor software market to ensure the Print/Mail Centre has updated, optimum equipment resources to ensure the highest quality product is produced for the Corporation.
- Back-up to the daily operation and coordination of the Print and Mail Centre in the absence of the Supervisor.
- Back-up support to Mail Clerk and associated duties (including but not limited to distribution with all incoming and outgoing mail).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a college diploma with 1-3 years of related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong interpersonal and organizational skills combined with the ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint.
- Computer skills in various graphic arts and print industry software and mail applications
- Specialized technical skills required to operate and perform preventative maintenance on all printer and copiers considered an asset.
- Specialized training required to operate all finishing equipment, and mail processing equipment considered an asset.
- Multi-tasking skills are essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Understanding and adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-worker skills.
- Knowledge of WHMIS legislation.