New job Potato Grader in Prince Edward Island
Company : McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Position Title: Potato Grader
Position Type: Temporary - Full-Time
Position Location: Summerside
Requisition ID: 11392
For over 100 years, McCain Produce Inc., a private family owned company and an industry leader in quality, has delivered top-quality potatoes across the globe satisfying cravings for one of the world’s most popular vegetables. This foundation plus its association with its parent company – McCain Foods Limited – provides McCain Produce with an unrivalled global reach. The end result: McCain Produce customers enjoy ”best practice” benefits unmatched by few others in the industry. From selling table potatoes to providing top quality inputs to our grower partners, McCain Produce is truly an agricultural leader in the potato industry.
We are currently seeking a Materials Grader at our Summerside, PEI fresh potato packing plant. This is a seasonal hourly position, approximately October – June annually. This position reports to the Packing Shed Manager, McCain Produce & Fertilizer PEI.
The Materials Grader will be responsible for working at a conveyor line ensuring that potatoes are graded to various standards. These duties include sorting of off grade product as well.
- Responsible to follow ALL Safety Policy and Procedures as outlined by the Company
- Quickly work with one or both arms and hands, reaching and grabbing out in the sorting process
- Recognize product variations
- Sorting product into proper receptacles
- Sort items moving on a continuous conveyor system
- Various production tasks may be assigned as required
- Must be willing to cross-train (other operational activities)
- Participate in team meetings, as required
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be organized, able to work independently and collaboratively
- Team player with excellent attendance
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented and goal driven
- Ability to stand for periods of time
- Ability to lift or move up to 10 pounds frequently, and 25 – 30 pounds occasionally
- Must possess a good safety record and demonstrate “safety first’’ on a continual basis
- Must be self-motivated, observant, have good initiative and a positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment adapting to and embracing change as it occurs
- Ability to work varying hours, including some Saturdays and evenings as required
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Agriculture
Division: McCain Produce & Fertilizer
Department: McCain Produce Fertilizer PEI
Location(s): CA - Canada : Prince Edward Island : Summerside
Company: McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.