New job Portfolio Trade Support Analyst in Manitoba
Portfolio Trade Support Analyst
Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Reporting to the Managed Programs Manager, the Portfolio Trade Support Analyst will play an integral role in providing support and coaching to teams with respect to portfolio management trade platform. The Portfolio Trade Support Analyst will be responsible for providing direct support and training to Portfolio Managers in regards to Best Practices and Process for using the system to build Portfolios and models, conduct rebalancing and other trade functions, reporting, platform set-up, maintenance, and enhancements.
The role also includes supporting the team in providing direct support to Portfolio Managers and other internal departments on system inquiries and reporting. The role will also act as support and back up to the Portfolio Systems Analyst. The role requires collaboration, attention to detail, prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced energetic environment.
As the Portfolio Trade Support Analyst, you will:
- Assist the Managed Programs Manager with guiding, coaching, and training PM teams on the trade systems
- Lead Person responsible for providing advice on the Portfolio Management/Trade systems to internal Portfolio Manager teams including modelling, reporting and trade execution
- Develop Best practices with respect to all aspects of modelling, trade execution, account structure and set-up and systems use
- Answer incoming phone calls and email inquiries regarding trade activity and other applicable system
- Primary person responsible for all formal communications with the field (trade platform users)
- Primary Responsibility for the preparation of all custom reports and data inquiries by field and internal teams (Compliance, Products, Capital Markets and Platforms etc.), and all new feature updates
- Responsible for documentation of all processes, procedures, best practices and build and document training guides for all systems and other applicable tools
- Assist and provide back up to the Portfolio Systems Analyst with Database Management including daily data files, pricing files, trade files, trade allocation and reporting
- Assist Portfolio Systems Analyst with system development to resolve technical issues and perform user testing for the development team.
- Troubleshoot system and other applicable tools problems, diagnosing and solving software faults
- Review systems to help users optimize their experience with the applicable systems
- Provide direction to internal team on the development and delivery of client reporting, business line reporting requirements, client conversion and implementation and other analytics and reports as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Your education and qualifications include:
- Diploma / Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Information Technology, Math or related field
- 2-3+ years’ experience working in the investment industry
- Preference given to those who have worked in a discretionary trade desk and trading platform support role
- Prior client service/call support role experience is an asset
- Preference given to those who have worked with a variety of financial industry trade, data and reporting platforms (such as Advent, Croesus, Thompson, Bloomberg, Morningstar, CPMS etc.)
- Keen client services focus, an outgoing and engaging personality and a strong desire to support a software user-base of financial industry professionals
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to engage with clients and prospects to understand their business and operations requirements
- Good understanding of the investment management industry, including trading, portfolio construction, business practices
- Good understanding of operations with in-depth knowledge of activities such as investment data management, reconciliation, compliance, risk, and performance measurement
- Solid technical background. Experience with financial industry programs and tools including trade platforms, database management, research and analytics tools, performance reporting software is preferred.
- Analytical and logical thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to assess and diagnose problems and think through to create and present solutions
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints with the ability to deal with numerous activities with varying degrees of priority
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, will be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus Private Wealth is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply and are encouraged to self-identify on their application.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.