New job Planner VBME (Site) in Newfoundland and Labrador
Planner VBME (Site)
Company : Hatch
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Requisition ID: 47779
Job Category: Project Controls
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
SEM-Hatch is a joint venture between Hatch Ltd. and Sikumiut Environmental Management Ltd. providing engineering, construction and project management services in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador. SEM-Hatch is performing Engineering and Project Management Services for the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion project. Our client is currently executing the construction phase of two underground mines and one open pit in Voisey’s Bay. This mine expansion project is expected to produce about 40,000 tonnes of nickel per year and extend the life of the Voisey’s Bay operation until at least 2032.
We are interested in receiving resumes for Planner at the Voisey’s Bay Mine Expansion site on a 2 week in 2 week out rotation, with 12 hour long shifts. The site is accessed via air out of St. John’s Newfoundland and other designated pick-up points in Newfoundland and Labrador. The Planner is responsible for the delivery of project planning and progress measurement, ensuring that Hatch procedures and best practices are applied, as appropriate, and recommending changes to the Site Project Controls Manager where required.
- Project coding, project control systems set-up and reporting verification
- A strong personal commitment to safety
- Planning and scheduling
- Project master schedule development
- Project schedule monitoring and updates
- Construction progress and performance measurement
- Report writing
- Other related duties as required
- Post-secondary education in engineering or project management is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a planner in a multi discipline large scale industrial project environment
- Sound technical knowledge in a multi-discipline environment with good knowledge of project management principles
- Experience with estimating, budgeting skills and tendering processes
- Working knowledge of Primavera Project Planner P6
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of forms of contract is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) is a must
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and mitigating skills are required
To apply please apply to the “Careers” section on our Hatch website; search “NL” for location https://jobs.hatch.com before end of day October 12, 2021.
Please ensure you include your full name, address, community, and province when applying. Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaries can also submit their resume by forwarding their application to their Vale Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.
All potential employees or Independent Contractors will be screened utilizing the following mechanisms:
Criminal Records Check, Pre-employment Medical and Drug Testing, Reference Check, Education Verification.
SEM-Hatch recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Inuit workers have first preference for employment at Voisey’s Bay Site. It also recognizes a commitment to give qualified workers from Labrador priority for employment opportunities.
SEM Hatch is an equal opportunity employer
We thank all applicants, please note that we will contact only those who meet the required qualifications.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.