New job Placement Coordinator in Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $31.24 - $39.15 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services, Child and Family Programs, Out of Home Care Division in the North Service Area is seeking a Placement Coordinator to coordinate out of home care placements in the North Region.
As part of the Out of Home Care team, you will apply your knowledge and expertise to develop and implement strategies that support the placement of children in Emergency Receiving placements, Extended Family placements, Foster Home and Group Home placements.
As a Placement Coordinator, you will be responsible to:
- Analyze the capacity of extended family, caregivers and group homes or others involved in the child safety plan, to determine needs that support the organizations and individuals;
- Lead and coordinate individuals significant to the child, in plans that ensure the child safety, family/culture connection and short/long term well-being;
- Develop and manage plans to provide for the effectiveness of the program objectives;
- Ensure the child’s safety and minimize disruption to the child’s well-being; and
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to Child & Family Program staff concerning placements of children and to encourage plans to connect children to extended family based care.
You will act as a liaison where required, with FNCFS and other community agencies, on matters relating to service delivery and decisions regarding children. When required, you will be expected to represent the unit, Ministry and region on various agency, community or internal committees.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work effectively and positively with co-workers, supervisors, management teams and caregivers;
- Have knowledge of child abuse, neglect and domestic violence indicators and effects;
- Bring expertise in human growth and development and the impact of influencing factors;
- Knowledge of multi-cultural beliefs and values, with a particular emphasis on First Nations and Métis;
- Be experienced with a range of social work theories and intervention strategies; and
- Demonstrate professional interviewing skills and techniques.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO’s) and other types of leave;
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
To qualify for this position, you will possess a Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Indigenous Social Work degree from an accredited university, as approved by the SASW/CASW or CASWE. The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours and travel.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their cover letter or resume where they have acquired their knowledge, skills, and abilities. Selection of candidates will be assessed based on this information.
To learn more about the Ministry of Social Services, please visit our website: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/government-structure/ministries/social-services
Prince Albert -
Located in the heartland of lake country Saskatchewan, the City of Prince Albert is a vibrant and innovative municipality that prides itself on being a family focused community. Prince Albert is a recreational paradise that offers all the benefits of big city amenities including access to arts, entertainment and unique cultural experiences. The City is leading the way in creating an active, prosperous and healthy City of opportunity for our 36,000 residents. https://citypa.ca/