New Job Personal Support Worker In Saskatchewan
Personal Support Worker
Company : Ranch Ehrlo Society
Salary : $22.70 - $29.35 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Location: Pilot Butte, SK Position: Part-time Temporary (3 months) Posting Closing Date: October 21, 2021
Ranch Ehrlo's supported living program, Polar Bear House is seeking to fill one part-time temporary Personal Support Worker position. This position has a possibility of becoming a permanent role.
Candidates please note, this position works night shifts mostly.
The Personal Support Worker provides care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues. The Personal Support Worker is actively engaged and fully participates in all aspects of the children, youth, and/or adults residential experience, providing care, support, and role modelling. The Personal Support Worker works to provide the participants with a safe, nurturing, predictable, and structured living environment. The Personal Support Worker is involved in the implementation of the participants’ treatment plan and in meeting the participants emotional and physical needs.
Education and Professional Certification
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in child and youth care (CYC) or in a related field of study is an asset.
- One (1) year of experience working with children, youth, and/or adults with behavioural, cognitive, mental health, and/or developmental challenges.
Skills and Characteristics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form genuine relationships.
- Ability to lead through motivation, role-modelling, and support.
- Outgoing personality with interests that can be used to engage participants (i.e. outdoors, arts, sports, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Emotional competence and self awareness.
- Ability to display empathy, patience, and understanding in day-to-day interactions.
- Knowledge of behaviour management and support methods.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Innovative activity planning and programming skills.
- Ability to set clear, attainable goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- Understands budget and allocation of resources.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
- Basic computer proficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide care and support to vulnerable persons with complex needs, behavioural issues, developmental disabilities, mental health disorders, and/or other related issues.
- Maintain a therapeutic milieu.
- Participate in the development and implementation of activity plans.
- Engage and fully participate with the participants.
- Provide observations to clinical professionals and unit managers regarding treatment plans, goal setting, and/or life skills.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions.
- Teach participants life skills such as self care, cooking, cleaning, budgeting, and positive interactions.
- Resolve conflicts and respond to crisis situations using behavioural management and support methods including conflict resolution, crisis management, and life space interviewing.
- Complete reports and documentation clearly, accurately, in a timely manner, and within agency standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Provide support and guidance to potential employees, practicum students, and volunteers as directed by the unit manager.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Collaborate with and communicate to the multidisciplinary team when required.
Management of Resources
- Provide input to the operational budget and the unit’s capital plan.
- Submit receipts and reconcile expenses for unit manager approved expenditures.
- Ensure vehicle log is completed accurately when agency vehicle is used.
- Ensure care, cleanliness, and maintenance of assigned assets and resources including; building(s), vehicles(s), furnishings, and equipment.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
The incumbent is responsible for completing all mandatory training requirements for the position as per agency policy and guidelines.
Employees must hold a class five (5) novice two (2) or higher drivers license and be eligible for coverage under our commercial auto insurance policy.
Wage range for this position is $22.70 to $29.35 per hour.
If you have any question, please contact David James @ 306-781-1298.