New job Marketing Associate in Alberta
Company : City of Edmonton
Salary : $36.58 - $45.70 an hour
Location : Alberta
As the marketing associate you will work with various internal and external stakeholders and provide event and brand support for Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) campaign, partnership, and external content
You will develop and provide support to campaigns and initiatives as determined by the ETS Annual Service Plan.
Under the direction of the Manager, Business Planning and Strategy and reporting to the Team Lead, Customer Engagement and Relation along with collaboration with other key stakeholders, you will oversee the development of ETS led partnerships and community support initiatives, such as Donate A Ride, Stuff a Bus, Holiday Lights Tours, customer facing public outreach and other related events and campaigns to positively position ETS within the community.
Your success will be measured by your ability to effectively engage with staff and customers.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to be Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Represent ETS from a marketing and event development perspective on Branch, Department or City-wide committees
- Review and approve all third party advertising materials to be displayed on ETS properties to ensure it meets ETS and City of Edmonton guidelines and standards
- Work closely with sections within the branch to ensure the ETS perspective is represented with Communications and Engagement, including, facilitating the transfer of information and ensuring marketing and communication priorities, initiatives and activities are implemented as required
- Work with committees and internal stakeholders to support the coordination of internal-facing events
- Facilitate the organization and scheduling of volunteers and staff as needed to support ETS campaigns and events
- Consult with the Communications and Engagement Department as needed in order to deliver the most creative solutions on each project within established budgets
- Evaluate the impact of various campaigns through research and data analysis, ensuring targets are successfully achieved against budget
- Act as liaison with all areas of Communications and Engagement in the coordination and execution of marketing and communications strategies, initiatives, campaigns and promotions
- University Degree in Marketing, Commerce, Communications, Public Relations or other related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years marketing experience including forming partnerships, managing events, and integrated advertising campaigns development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to manage large/high profile events, securing and managing marketing partnerships, strategically executing sponsorship opportunities, and engaging news media
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations to public groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in public transit will be considered an asset
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong relationships and work with all levels within and outside the organization
- Demonstrated project management, marketing skills, problem solving and the capacity to lead various time sensitive projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead projects effectively and also work as part of a project team in a support role
- Well developed research and facilitation skills
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies, and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here:https://bit.ly/3hd2d95
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt).
Up to 1 permanent, full-time position
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Occasional evening and holiday may be required)
Salary: $36.577- 45.697(Hourly); $76,372.780- 95,415.340 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: AO/MZ