New job Manager- Registry and Revenue in Saskatchewan
Manager- Registry and Revenue
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,911 - $8,986 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Environment takes a team-based approach to protecting Saskatchewan’s environment for the well-being of the province, its people and its future. We use science-based solutions and environmental laws to help safeguard communities and to protect our air, land, water and habitat. We are committed to high citizen and client satisfaction through workplace excellence, continuous improvement and innovation.
The Financial and Property Management Branch within the Ministry of Environment is seeking an innovative and highly motivated individual with superior accounting, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills for the term position of Manager, Registry and Finance. Using your leadership skills, attention to detail, innovation and management expertise, you will create and support a culture of accountability and continuous improvement for financial services within the Ministry including Crown resource land registry administration, accounts payable/purchasing and accounts receivable/revenue. As part of the management team reporting to the Executive Director, this position:
- Provides leadership and management oversight for Crown resource land registry administration;
- Oversees the use of IT systems used by the branch;
- Works directly with the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport and the Fish, Wildlife and Lands Branch in the Ministry of Environment to develop and improve processes and use of the enterprise Crown Land Management System (eCLMS) to better support land management and client needs;
- Leads system improvements on behalf of the ministries of Environment and Parks, Culture and Sport;
- Plans, directs and manages the activities of professional and administrative staff involved in administration of the ministry’s financial processes to ensure proper accounting and internal control of assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures (accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, bank deposit and cash handling procedures, revenue audits);
- Ensures appropriate priorities and levels of resources are in place, through staffing actions, schedules, work plans and work environment;
- Provides advice and guidance regarding developing and implementing business solutions that enable sound decisions and make certain that supports, services and operations are optimally managed; and
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new initiatives, policies, procedures and programs;
The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership styles that focus on inclusion, excellence, accountability and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and have a proven track record in driving corporate and strategic initiatives, be recognized as innovative, a change agent and a true influencer to achieve success at the team, ministry and government level.
The successful candidate will have the ability to verbally and/or in writing explain financial policies/procedures at a level appropriate to the audience. You will also be able to lead strategic initiatives, manage change and achieve positive results; analyze and evaluate issues, offering alternatives and creating solutions; and instruct, guide, coach and encourage others to enhance their job performance and further develop their skills. You will also have the ability to identify/develop/implement new ideas, sound financial planning and management practices, and approaches that will improve work/financial/management processes and systems; and influence, persuade or convince others in order to achieve understanding and reach agreement. You will have the ability to create an environment that recognizes, supports, respects and welcomes diversity of employees and clients. You will work independently and work cooperatively with others in a team environment to establish, build and maintain positive working relationships and to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met; plan, prioritize and organize a large volume of tasks and projects for self and/or others taking into consideration frequent interruptions and conflicting and changing priorities to meet strict deadlines; and review, interpret, evaluate financial data and systems in order to form conclusions and/or make recommendations on validity/usefulness/correctness/compliance with established policies/procedures/guidelines/agreement and/or legislation. You will also have the ability to accurately compile, compare, calculate, identify and summarize data to complete such tasks as adjusting entries/preparing financial statements/statistical reports/ supporting documents/ year-end schedules/ forecasts/ budgets/ project evaluations/ trend analysis; and input, edit, update, retrieve, maintain, format and transmit data, create and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing word processing, databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of government, financial, budgetary and legislative processes and policies. You will also have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (for both Public Sector and Private Sector entities); financial management and reporting processes; and enterprise-wide financial systems.
To qualify for this position, the successful candidate will typically have at least one year of management experience and possess a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or an equivalent combination of education and experience as a financial and business manager. The position is an 18-month term with a possibility of extension.