New job Manager - HR & Administration Mat Leave Replacement in Newfoundland and Labrador
Manager - HR & Administration Mat Leave Replacement
Company : Hunt's Logistics
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
For over 30 years, Hunt’s Logistics has established itself as a trusted industry leader, providing personalized service in transportation, logistics and project management services throughout North America and Internationally to clients within the oil and gas, construction, and mining sectors. With our head office in St. John's, NL and a division in Cambridge, ON, we are a multi-faceted, family-oriented business with a strong focus on customer service and safety.
Our St. John’s, NL office is seeking to fill the position of Manager – HR & Administration for a one-year maternity leave replacement contract starting November 2021. Reporting directly to the COO and CFO, the Manager – HR & Administration will work closely with the management team, performing a variety of tasks within the organization which are essential to the day-to-day operation and success of the business and its employees.
The ideal candidate will have previous HR Management level experience, be proactive, hands-on and an independent problem solver who can work as a team and with others. Candidate should be resourceful and intuitive with highly effective skills in multi-tasking and a keen awareness of personnel management and confidentiality.
- Perform HR-related duties in the functional areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation and government/industry compliance.
- Execute various administrative and operational duties relating to the overall efficient functioning of the office and general business operations.
- Recruitment/Retention – specifically hire and onboard drivers and warehouse workers as needed to complement the operational needs and customer demands both in Newfoundland and Ontario. Strive to meet the goal of 100% truck occupancy.
- Liaise directly with external organizations on behalf of the company, including WSIB, Workplace NL, and the Labour Board.
- Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits system; maintain group insurance.
- Act as first point of contact for employees for all HR related concerns. Follow appropriate policies and procedures in responding to and resolving these concerns as per company policy and Labour Board guidelines.
- Previous experience in a HR Management role; including specific experience with benefits administration, payroll knowledge and recruitment/retention.
- Degree or equivalent in HR Management or Business Administration considered an asset.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite including excel, word, outlook
- Strong organizational skills, must be able to self-prioritize while working with a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Direct experience with workplace injury claim resolution and return to work programs.
- Strong skills in written communication, specifically pertaining to policy creation and the compilation of disciplinary action letters and notices.
- Willingness to take on new tasks/responsibilities as assigned
Hunt’s Logistics will review all applicants however only those who meet the noted qualifications will be contacted.
The successful candidate will receive:
- a competitive salary
- option to enroll in our comprehensive benefits program upon hire
- option to enroll in our RRSP plan with company match upon hire
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- HR Management: 2 years (preferred)
- recruitment/retention: 2 years (preferred)
- workplace injury resolution: 1 year (preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (preferred)