New job Labour Relations Consultant in Saskatchewan
Labour Relations Consultant
Company : City of Saskatoon
Salary : $90,114 - $105,884 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
- Acts as a lead/co-lead negotiator at the bargaining table.
- Implements, administers and interprets collective agreements, grievance decisions and arbitration awards
- Investigates, represents and facilitates the resolution of disputes and grievances regarding interpretations of collective agreements, labour legislation and human resources policies and practices.
- Prepares and handles arbitrations and third party hearings. Performs liaison role with solicitors.
- Acts as liaison between unions and management regarding all aspects of union/management relations.
- Provides input into labour relations strategies and bargaining mandates. Works as a member of the labour relations team to accomplish corporate labour relations objectives.
- Coordinates the gathering, analysis and interpretation of research materials relative to the negotiation of collective agreements, grievance investigation, arbitrations, Labour Relations Board cases, and the develops corporate labour relations policies and procedures. Produces and presents a variety of reports, written and verbal statistics.
- Conducts, and acts as a resource for training sessions regarding labour relations.
- Develops and maintains liaison with Department of Labour, other human resource departments, union representatives and government officials/agencies.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Human Resources, or Industrial Relations or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered including a combination of additional experience and an HR Certificate and/or a second related certificate in Mediation/Education/or Negotiations.
- Four to six years' working as a Labour Relations Officer/Consultant with large department portfolios (including grievances/ arbitration work/ participation in Collective Agreement negotiations/ full workforce legislation/ and coaching Human Resources and Management) is required.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record
- A vehicle suitable for use in the performance of duties is required
- Demonstrated experience leading Human Resources investigations in all areas of labour & employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability supporting Human Resources and departments to prepare for, and assist in bargaining
- Ability to interpret, understand and recommend changes based on nuances of policy/collective agreement language.
- Knowledge of labour/employment legislation and policy impacting the workforce.
- Ability to support the development of Human Resource and management staff in Labour Relations practices.
- Ability to research and offer balanced and quality case law recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, respectfully resolve conflict, provide recommendations to internal stakeholders, and provide support and coverage to members of the division.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to create, prepare, compile and coordinate highly sensitive information, while ensuring a high degree of accuracy and efficiency and maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to organize, prepare, create and lead cases.
- Considerable knowledge of municipal organizations and types of municipal occupations, combined with a working knowledge of related functions in other organizations.
$90,114.00 to $105,883.92 per year (2019 rates)