New Job Investment Analyst In Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $67,671 - $86,584 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Treasury Division is a separate entity placed under the management of an Assistant Deputy Minister due to the need to place greater emphasis on the management and servicing of substantial amounts of money, debt, investments and derivative instruments requiring special expertise in these complex areas. The Treasury Division manages and administers the cash resources, borrowing programs and all investment and borrowing management activities of the government and for all of its crown corporations and government agencies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Completion of (or willingness to enroll and complete within 6 months of commencement of employment) the Canadian Securities Course (CSC®).
- Post-secondary education such as BA (Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science), Bachelor of Commerce or Business degree. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Completion or enrollment with the intention to complete a recognized designation such as CFA, CPA, CIM
- Experience interpreting and preparing financial information in order to provide advice and support to management in decision making
- Verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex financial information to management, staff and outside agencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel spreadsheets including manipulating data and performing complex analysis of various financing proposals and cash flow requirements
- Experience with cash flow forecasting and reporting, including performing reconciliations, budget preparation, Public Accounts reports and variance analysis
- Written communication skills with experience preparing financial reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences
- Organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage, prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Experience with Government procedures, legislation, accounting policies and financial management procedures pertaining to the investment programs of crown corporations and government agencies
- Working knowledge with Bloomberg and Candeal software to monitor and report on various investment portfolios
- Knowledge of government revenues and expenditures as they relate to cash flow implications
- Knowledge of the Trust Account revenue and disbursement policies and procedures, principles and methods
The Investment Analyst is responsible for the day to day long term investment trade and transaction lifecycle management, providing credit and analytical work for the investment portfolios, providing monthly portfolio reports on Long Term Investment portfolios, assisting with Long Term cash forecast and being the primary back to the Capital Markets Analyst -Trust & Cash Management for all cash management and trust operation functions.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.