New Job Heavy Equipment Operator Ii In Yukon
Heavy Equipment Operator II
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $35.80 an hour
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill permanent positions in Eagle Plains and Ogilvie. Temporary assignments and underfill hires may be considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
Reporting to the Road Foreperson, this position is responsible for operating various pieces of light and heavy equipment to maintain highways, recreational roads and airstrips to acceptable standards. Duties include assessing work to be performed, terrain, weather conditions and equipment needs; placing signs to warn traffic of equipment working; making adjustments and minor repairs as required; steaming culverts; operating snow blowers, cleaning the shop and yard area; and other related duties.
Camp accommodations are provided in Ogilvie and Eagle Plains for employees during their scheduled shift.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
- Job experience operating a wide variety of heavy equipment which must include a dump truck, loader and grader.
- Valid Class 3 driver’s licence with air endorsement (must obtain Class 1 driver’s licence within 6 months of hire).
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Safety and service oriented
- Dedicated to working in an environment which promotes respect, dependability and reliability
- Motivation to learn
- Effective oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing conditions
- Willing to work to contribute to the team environment;
- Willingness to perform general preventative maintenance on equipment which includes; changing oil, grease fittings, service/maintain vehicle issues.
Conditions of Employment
- Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 3 driver’s licence with air endorsement
- Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 1 driver’s licence with air endorsement (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- YG certification on heavy equipment (grader, loader, dump truck or tractor trailer)
- Transportation Dangerous Goods Certificate (must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
Travel, working in adverse weather conditions, mandatory use of personal protective equipment, adhering to the safety program and all applicable policies and procedures, shift work, and working outside of headquarters area for extended periods of time.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jim Regimbal, Area Superintendent at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Amy Johnson, HR Consultant at [email protected]