New job Finance & Budget Analyst in Yukon
Finance & Budget Analyst
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $70,011 - $81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
This competition will serve to staff both 1 permanent full-time position and 1 (6-month) term position (with consideration for temporary assignment).
Department of Environment’s Finance branch is seeking a Finance and Budget Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for supporting the financial management planning activities within the Department, which includes coordinating, and preparing the budgets, budget briefing notes, variance reports, regular financial reports and budget cash flows. Our ideal candidate will strive to build relationships with, and work in partnership with department managers and directors towards supporting them in their financial management responsibilities.
For information on how to apply on this opportunity, contact Karen Fortin-Wooding, Human Resources Consultant at [email protected]
For more information about this position, please contact Jeston Innes, Director, Finance at [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes are only accepted through the e-recruitment portal.
IMPORTANT: If this position interests you, please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following:
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or related discipline;
- Experience analyzing or forecasting budgets;
- Experience preparing finance briefings/reports for Senior Management;
- Experience with Transfer Payment Agreements;
- Experience with Interdepartmental or Intergovernmental Funding Agreements.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Demonstrated commitment to client service
- Well-honed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet budget commitments with tight deadlines and at times under stressful circumstances