New Job Executive Director Corporate Finance In Manitoba
Executive Director Corporate Finance
Company : Shared Health
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 293208
Position Number: 20045451
Posting End Date: October 23, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Shared Health Corporate Office
Department / Unit: SH Performance Mgmt & Corp Finance
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: 11/01/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Build and lead a team with a culture of client service to provide enterprise financial services including financial planning, forecasting, shared services and reporting, and overall financial advice and support. Ensure corporate finance services assist senior leaders within Shared Health to align the enterprise strategic objectives and operating plans with organization-unit activities in support of the Provincial Clinical and Preventative Services plan and the provision of reliable province-wide, and multiculturally respectful health services. Oversee the development of a financial shared services model. Lead and implement innovating solutions to support financial accountability across the organization.
Mentor and coach staff to apply innovative processes and analytical methods to ensure accurate, timely and meaningful information is provided to effectively illustrate the organization’s financial health.
10 years of progressive mid-to-senior management experience leading enterprise-wide financial planning and reporting functions including forecasting, measurement, and reporting in a large publicly-funded enterprise, preferably in health services, including:
- 5 years of experience overseeing financial planning and reporting
- 5 years of hands-on experience using the finance and accounting modules of a comprehensive ERP system (e.g. SAP and/or Great Plains)
- 3 years of experience with financial business modeling and various innovative funding models, providing meaningful financial reflections of business health, and supporting financial analyses for business case development
- 3 years of experience developing and supporting a shared service model
- 5 years of experience building and leading a high-performing corporate finance management team
- Experience with health services commissioning is an asset
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as management, economics, public or business administration from an accredited education institution
- Additional formal education in diverse and innovative financial business data modeling, funding and commissioning models in the public sector, and systematic process improvement methodologies (such as the lean transformation framework) are assets
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation with current membership in good standing
- Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated senior leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings at multiple sites throughout the organization, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately10 kg
- Interruptions to respond to questions from executives and government representatives are common; dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration can be scheduled
- Must have a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle for regular travel within the province
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.