New Job Engineering Manager In Quebec
Company : Cascades
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Play an important role in managing the distributor’s development effort in the areas of product development, engineering, continuous improvement, manufacturing support and project management.
Product Development Responsibilities:
- Coordinate product launches in partnership with product launch teams, while respecting the schedule.
- Prepare technical project schedules with detailed technical objectives and cost estimates.
- Supervise the design of new distribution systems.
- Validate the design with design firms, toolmakers and manufacturers.
- Report on the technical progress of assigned projects to the project’s stakeholders.
- Oversee and approve final distributor designs and test plans.
- Examine and approve the design of the production equipment.
- Examine prototypes, plan the testing and finalize the product designs to facilitate mass production.
- Analyze and perform quantitative and qualitative evaluation of prototypes to meet all regulatory and marketing requirements.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends, materials and technologies to be used in the development of new distributors.
- Play a leadership role in the development of new products by working with design teams, ensuring new products are cost-effective to manufacture and use robust manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure robust product quality by supervising the design of test methods and establishing quality standards.
- Manage the product portfolio while striving for continuous improvement (cost reduction and quality improvement).
- Establish and implement annual continuous improvement goals to achieve them.
- Maintain Cascades tooling operations by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams, focusing on measurable quality and cost improvements.
- Maintain the product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related technical field.
- 5 or more years of experience in the design and manufacture of commercial or consumer products.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills including SolidWorks, M/S Office and M/S Project.
- Bilingual French/English
- Creativity - This position involves finding innovative ways to create and design distribution systems.
- Teamwork - Ability to work professionally with colleagues, suppliers and design firms.
- Experience in consumer / commercial product design and assembly.
- Experience in injection moulding.
- Patent and trademark experience.
- Strong time management skills.
- Awareness of safety.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Marketing Manager, Engineering Manager, Engineering, Management, Marketing, Bilingual