New job Director, Business Development in New Brunswick
Director, Business Development
Company : 3Plus
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Reports to: CEO
Date created: September 28, 2021
About 3+ Corporation
3+ Economic Development Corporation is the regional economic development corporation for Dieppe, Moncton, and Riverview.
We assist companies by sharing market research and intelligence that supports their decision making, and by facilitating local connections to assist with the establishment of operations in the region. 3+ Corporation actively promotes the competitive advantages of Greater Moncton as an ideal location for corporate expansion.
This senior management position has primary responsibility for leading all marketing & communications activities and staff within the organization and works closely with the Directors of Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship in supporting marketing and communication initiatives from those departments.
The individual will need to be flexible to work with different teams within 3+ organization and with our various stakeholders. He/she will also work and represent 3+ in various committees leading all logistics as needed. In addition, the position may also involve certain other duties and projects as assigned relative to other 3+ projects and priorities.
- Provide oversight, direction and management of the marketing communications staff and other contract staff. This role is responsible to oversee and manage all marketing and communications activities of 3+ Corporation.
- Conduct staff performance management including the hiring and termination of staff in conjunction with the President & CEO and 3+ policies and procedures.
- Lead the 3+ Marketing and Communications Strategy collaboration with entrepreneurship and workforce development departments as well as regional stakeholders.
- Maintain appropriate reporting and documentation.
- Develop key partnerships and relationships that support 3+ Corporation programs and initiatives.
- Regularly participate in events and activities that will help raise the Greater Moncton regional profile.
- Assist private enterprise and community agencies to resolve community needs that have a direct bearing on economic development.
- Initiates and champions special projects as well as monitors and tracks project costs, schedules, resources, risks, issues, and performance to ensure the optimal success.
- Assist the marketing and communications staff in the creation of materials in both official languages
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Commerce, Marketing, Economic Development, or demonstrable equivalent
- Marketing and Communications experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in coordination and implementation of long range economic/business development activities.
- Bilingual French and English
- A solid background in leadership, management, budget oversight and supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience successfully completing time-sensitive and/or high-profile projects through collaboration, consensus, and creativity.
- Branding, marketing, and sales
- Managing projects with a wide range of scope and complexity
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of Federal/Provincial legislation, policy and programs related to business development, investment/trade, enterprise, innovation, and growth.
- Municipal government organization and functions.
- Strong technical writer and researcher
- Relationship builder
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
Please send your resume and cover letter by email in PDF format to [email protected], including "Director, Business Development" in the subject line. Please note that only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.