New job Deputy City Clerk in Ontario
Deputy City Clerk
Company : City of Woodstock
Salary : $74,134 - $92,664 a year
Location : Ontario
The City of Woodstock is a dynamic and growing community of 41,000 located in the heart of southwestern Ontario at the crossroads of highways 401 and 403. The City’s progressive actions have made it a leader in the region for conservation, environmental initiatives and long-term commitment to managed growth. Woodstock has roots in both agriculture and manufacturing; as the recognized Dairy Capital of Canada and as home to Toyota’s second Canadian manufacturing facility. With a skilled workforce, affordable housing and a new community hospital, Woodstock truly is a growing city with a lot of rural, small town charm.
DEPUTY CITY CLERK
To be considered, applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- University degree or College Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field,
- Formal training in Municipal Administration with experience in the operation of the Municipal Clerk’s Office would be an asset,
- Must have excellent computer skills using Microsoft applications,
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately research and report on various topics and legislative matters,
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing,
- Organizational and management ability, tact, diplomacy and good judgment skills,
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries, good public relations skills and excellent customer service delivery.
Reporting to the City Clerk:
- Performs the statutory duties of Deputy Clerk as defined in The Municipal Act and other Acts of the Legislature in the absence of the Clerk or as delegated by the Clerk,
- Oversees business licensing and lottery licensing,
- Oversees and directs the crossing guard program of the City,
- Provides secretarial services for a variety of committees,
- Acts in the capacity of Deputy Returning Officer for the conduct of Municipal and School Board elections. Plans and implements policies pertaining to poll boundaries, conduct of the election, standards, etc.,
- Assists with the municipal responsibilities of the Freedom of Information Coordinator (City Clerk) under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,
- Assumes responsibility for the implementation of a records management program,
- Prepares and submits reports to Council and Senior Management, as required,
- Responsible for the Municipal Accessibility Plans and working with various departments to help ensure compliance with relevant Accessibility legislation,
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Compensation - $74,134 - $92,664 per year (under review).
Resumes and cover letters will be received online at http://careers.cityofwoodstock.ca no later than 4:00 p.m. October 18, 2021.
The City of Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates who apply, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations