New Job Customer Service Representative Ii (Service Regina) In Saskatchewan
Customer Service Representative II (Service Regina)
Company : City of Regina
Salary : $23.87 - $30.39 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
*Please Note, this is casual, part-time opportunity with varied hours. Up to full time hours may be available during peak seasons. Minimum hours are not guaranteed. Up to 2 positions are available. *
NATURE OF WORK:
We are looking for energetic, customer focused individuals who are looking for their next opportunity to join our team in helping serve residents at the City of Regina. This position is the first line customer contact point to respond to customer inquiries, service requests and concerns relating to City of Regina services.
This position provides exceptional customer service in a call centre environment as well as in-person counter service roles, such as Ambassador and Cashier. Responsibilities include preparation of service requests and inquiries; providing clarification and explanation of bylaws, regulations, policies and procedures; updating computerized records; and, performing cash management functions for the City of Regina.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to inbound calls, emails and social media requests from customers to answer their inquiries regarding programs and services for the City of Regina.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues and determining customer needs and requirements; researching and exploring solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
- Recommend solutions in the event the City is not responsible for the service requested.
- Communicate appropriate information and/or instructions to departments and field personnel using client relationship management software and telephone.
- Liaise with departments and other government agencies to determine the appropriateness of referrals.
- Determine specific locations for field personnel and assist with answering public inquiries as to where city assets are located using various maps and computer-based mapping tools such as GIS.
- Supply departments, news media and the public with information during emergency response situations.
- Provide in person services to customers to process applications, transfer services, service order requests, issue passes and permits and sell promotional items.
- Calculate, collect and process payments. Negotiate suitable payment arrangements to clear outstanding and arrears balances, and refer collection activity as appropriate.
- Maintain customer account information and document all transactions performed in appropriate databases and computer programs.
- Act as an Ambassador to City Hall greeting customers, answering inquiries, managing incoming/outgoing deliveries and visitor management.
- Comply with all applicable corporate standards, bylaws, policies and legislation such as The Cities Act, Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Provide guidance and education to the public on the use of the City of Regina website.
- Redirect inquiries of a more complicated nature to the appropriate area to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform related duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Knowledge of the following is required:
- Statutory regulations, bylaws and other policies and procedures related to water/sewer, property taxation, property assessment and licensing
- City of Regina’s organizational structure, including services provided by the various departments
- Programs/services, functions, policies, and governance structure in a municipal government environment as well as other levels of government and external agencies
- Principles and practices of customer service
The following abilities are required:
- Handle upset customer and complaints with high stress tolerance and resilience
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Collect, organize and analyze information to respond to customer inquiries
- Professionally represent the City of Regina by applying customer service principles, practices and techniques in communicating policies, procedures and processes
- Handle large sums of money, keep records of account and perform cash balancing, in accordance with cash handling policies and procedures
- Accurately perform complex mathematical calculations
- Interpret various maps and computer-based mapping tools (GIS) for the purpose of communicating information and responding to service requests
- Process a large volume of records and transactions while maintaining close attention to detail
- Use judgement and discretion in handling confidential customer information
- Interpret, apply and explain established policies and procedures
- Maintain professionalism, courtesy and composure at all times. Ability to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing demonstrating skill in adapting diverse communication techniques to evaluate situations, identify problems and exercise sound independent judgement within established guidelines
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a windows PC environment utilizing a multi-screen configuration. A minimum keyboarding speed of 50 wpm is required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through successful completion of Grade Twelve and three years experience in a municipal front-line customer service environment. Call Centre experience and additional customer service training would be an asset.
WORKING / OTHER CONDITIONS:
- Work independently in a team based, open office environment with minimal supervision, demonstrating sound judgement and a high degree of concentration and composure in a stressful environment.
- Perform repetitive hand movements and work in a structured environment.
- Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education*
**In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment. **