New job Credit Specialist, Private Wealth Management Credit in Ontario
Credit Specialist, Private Wealth Management Credit
Company : CIBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
CIBC Private Wealth Management delivers customized banking, financial planning, investment management and specialized advisory solutions to meet the unique needs of Canada’s high net worth individuals, families, private holding companies, trusts, estates and charitable foundations.
CIBC Private Wealth Management is comprised of the following lines of business:
- CIBC Private Banking – Exclusive personal service for high net worth individuals providing comprehensive financial advice and solutions in investments, credit, cash management and foreign exchange.
- CIBC Investment Counsel (CPIC) - Provides discretionary investment management expertise and tailored portfolios.
- CIBC Wood Gundy - P rovides integrated wealth management solutions to highnet-worth individuals and families through a network of trusted Investment Advisors and Portfolio Managers.
- CIBC Trust - Provides professional estate administration, power-of-attorney, and trustee services with expertise in tax reporting, property management, and investment management.
The Credit Specialist is accountable for the ongoing management and administration of the complex credit book within Private Banking working under the direction/guidance of the Director, Credit. The Credit Specialist role manages the credit quality of the high net worth client base found within Private Banking whose credit needs and financial structures are typically more complex. The role is actively engaged supporting Private Banking Advisors grow their credit opportunities while also ensuring appropriate oversight of their existing credit book.
How You'll Succeed
- Provide guidance and offer support on new credit requests with Private Banking Advisors. This will include analyzing and understanding client financial information (holding companies / individuals) and assessing its relative strength against the credit request. This will also include confirming and/or recommending an appropriate lending facility and security structure to support for the proposed credit request. For more complex situations this may involve direct communication with the client and/or their professional advisors to ensure an appropriate understanding of their information and what is being requested.
- The Credit Specialist role is involved with preparing credit applications (iCap and CLASS CIBC credit platforms), partnering with Wealth Risk Management in negotiating credit terms, helping with and/or creating loan documentation and helping with and/or liaising directly with back-office on security documentation.
- Help manage the existing complex credit book with particular focus managing expiries. This will include identifying expiries ahead of time and working with the Private Bankers/Associates to ensure proper monitoring of the credits, appropriate information is attained and ensuring reviews are completed.
- Support leadership team in preparation of deal summaries on large credit requests to allow an appropriate early engagement with senior leadership within Private Banking and Wealth Risk Management.
- Provide credit structuring guidance and advice to the Private Banking Advisors and local leadership.
- Active engagement within the respective Private Banking office ensuring the Private Banking Advisor and Associate audience are well aware of credit policy and procedures within the Private Banking segment.
Who You Are
- Bachelor level degree from a recognized post-secondary educational provider, preference given to candidates who have focused on business and/or finance
- Solid working knowledge of the main credit principals for personal lending including high net worth clientele
- Solid working Knowledge of the main credit principals for commercial lending
- Solid working knowledge of product attributes and principles used in personal, residential, mortgages and business lending, both at CIBC and in the broader marketplace.
- Knowledge and experience reading/interpreting/analyzing financial statements and putting this information into practical use within the context of a credit application.
- Good knowledge of Canadian capital markets
- Knowledge of high net worth financial/estate planning concepts
- Good working knowledge of CIBC products and services as it relates to high net worth clients
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Job LocationToronto-81 Bay, 11th Floor