New job Coquitlam YWCA WorkBC in British Columbia
Coquitlam YWCA WorkBC
Company : YWCA Metro Vancouver
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
The Office Administrator/Assistant acts as the first point of contact at the ESC for Clients, employers and the general public. In this role the Office Administrator/Assistant ensures that clients are directed through to the correct stream for WorkBC services.
- Perform reception duties, including regular contact with potential Clients - on the phone and in person – providing information on programs and referrals to other agencies and community resources
- Office support to staff team and Clients such as booking appointments, rescheduling appointments, data entry, photocopying, faxing, preparation of minutes, answering phone inquiries, correspondence, purchasing supplies and petty cash
- Working with the Office Manager to implement, maintain and revise internal administrative systems (i.e. client files, statistics reporting, client tracking procedures, annual inventory, files)
- Provide initial intake process to new Clients, which may require assisting clients with registration on the Online Employment Services (OES) system
- Assist with purchasing procedures i.e. ordering, monitoring, and tracking
- Assist with issues regarding maintenance, parking, lease, telephone, janitorial and alarm system, and elevate any major concerns to the ESC Office Manager as necessary
- Assists with the orientation of new Staff/practicum students/summer students to the WorkBC ESC workplace environment and YWCA policies
- Assist with office housekeeping (i.e. kitchen cleaning schedules, parking schedules, birthdays, employee announcement board etc.)
- Assist with annual inventory control
- Assist with coding invoices and obtaining signature by the ESC Operations Manager to send to finance team in a timely manner
- Stay current with all labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, job training, and employment opportunities
- Use social media and work closely with the YWCA marketing team to promote events
- Secure success stories from Clients to be used as a promotional message
- Other related administration duties as requested
- Adhere to onsite Health and Safety Procedures
- Relevant education or an equivalent work experience and recognized certification
- Excellent client and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, advanced word and excel skills, data entry and SharePoint
- Excellent telephone skills and proven ability to handle a multi-line system
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities
- Comfortable working on the front-line of a busy employment centre, working with a range of Clients including Clients with mental health concerns, Clients with disabilities and Clients who are seeking housing, Clients who are immigrants, and Clients who are aboriginal
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Proven ability to develop and manage office procedures and systems
- A valid criminal record check (including working with vulnerable populations) will be required
- Second language may be an asset
- Must be available during typical business hours (Monday – Friday)
- Experience working within government contracts is an asset
Help us make a difference
Established in 1897, YWCA’s vision is to achieve women’s equality and its mission is to touch lives and build better futures for women and their families through advocacy and integrated services that foster economic independence, wellness and equal opportunities. YWCA serves over 48,000 clients annually, with 66 programs and services in 75 locations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and value our diverse workplace. Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+ individuals and people with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an inclusive and rewarding workplace. Candidates are invited to send resumes by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 15th, 2021 to:
Rita Kaur Grewal
No phone calls please.
Please indicate the position(s) and location(s) in the subject line of your email, and ensure your cover letter and resume are in one attachment in either Word or PDF format.
We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All employment will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. For more information about this and other YWCA Metro Vancouver career opportunities, please visit ywcavan.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations