New job Change Management Consultant in British Columbia
Change Management Consultant
Company : Island Health
Salary : $39.91 - $57.37 an hour
Location : British Columbia
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Change Management Consultant is responsible for supporting Specialized Community Service Programs (SCSP's) for key target populations.
The Change Management Consultant works with operational and program leaders to develop and implement innovative models of care that result in improved processes and workflows in Island Health as well as across the continuum of care including with non-Island Health service providers (e.g. local physicians, non-profit agencies and private practitioners). The Change Management Consultant facilitates the adaptation of practices to support change management and alignment of services with Island Health Primary Care Networks (PCN's).
The Change Management Consultant, works with others (including patients/family, different community agencies, Divisions of Family Practice, Practice Support Team and a range of Corporate supports) to facilitate and monitor behavioral change necessary to establish data collection and evaluation of SCSP's in the communities they work. Furthermore, the Change Management Consultant fosters the development of multi-stakeholder, multi-sectoral groups that identify and take action on priority issues in their communities.
Travel may be a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle; and Valid BC Driver's License.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in health-related field such as health sciences, nursing or medicine, or social sciences. Minimum five (5) years' experience working in a health care environment and five (5) years' recent, related experience in project or change management, strategic planning, and patient and community engagement.
Skills And Abilities
- Proven ability to utilize project management tools, methodologies and templates to effectively plan, prioritize, and manage projects in a set time line, and to track and report progress.
- Experience leading and facilitating large scale change with multiple stakeholders; knowledge of current theories and practices of change management is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in building partnerships with health professionals, family physicians, patients and community groups/programs/services in diverse communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability in clinical health care practice, education and program planning, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitation, consensus building, networking, and liaison between multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of health care system and demonstrated ability to provide progressive and innovative approaches to service delivery and program issues.
- Demonstrates an awareness of cultural safety and supports processes that lead to greater cultural safety throughout the continuum of health services.
- Ability to lead and participate in qualitative improvement processes (e.g. Patient Journey Mapping, LEAN design) and develops an environment where quality improvement principles are fostered.
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven ability to bring about change.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork.
- Ability to teach using adult learning principles.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and internet and e-mail systems.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.