New job CENTRALIZED REGISTRAR SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR in Alberta
CENTRALIZED REGISTRAR SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Company : NORQUEST COLLEGE
Salary : $43,445 - $56,469 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Description: CENTRALIZED REGISTRAR SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our Office of the Registrar team as a Centralized Registrar Services Administrator. Do you have a passion for helping students get started on their educational journey? Are you known for your commitment to building and maintaining relationships? Are you patient, professional and committed to confidentiality? Do you have proven experience thinking analytically and managing a diverse and heavy workload? Would you like to work in an environment that supports you and encourages your professional growth? If so, consider this opportunity!
Reporting to the Team Lead, Centralized Registrar Services (CRS), the CRS Administrator is responsible for providing detailed front-line services to all of NorQuest College's clients, with a particular focus on prospective students, admissions, enrolment activities, and student financials supports. The CRS Administrator is involved in all phases of the student life cycle.
We have a 1 one-year term cover-off position available.
How you’ll make a difference*
- You will be a primary point of contact for NorQuest College prospects, applicants, and students – by phone, email, chat and in-person.
- You will help students make choices about what program to apply to, guide them through the admission process, support their registration, and help answer their questions about payment of fees.
- You will have a broad understanding of NorQuest College programs, processes, policies, and services so as to be able to provide exceptional advice and referrals.
- You will support other teams in the Office of the Registrar by replying to inquiries and assisting with work projects, as required.
- You will always be on the lookout for process improvement opportunities.
- You will use your exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to contribute to a positive team culture.
What you bring
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant discipline; a combination of education and directly-related experience may be considered
- 1 to 2 years of related customer service experience, preferably in post-secondary education in a Registrar’s Office
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook); comfortable with other computer applications
- Experience working in a student information system (preferably PeopleSoft) is an asset
What makes you a Difference Maker?*
- You have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- As an inclusive and active listener, you are ready to engage every day with people and meet them where they’re at.
- You’re able to effectively manage a large volume of work with a positive attitude, a high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You’re dependable and compassionate, and ready to show up each day for your teammates and for students.
SALARY: *$43,445- $56,469 reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Please note that term positions are not currently eligible to participate in our extended health and pension programs.
In our ongoing commitment to keep all NorQuest employees safe, our campus and work environments have a full COVID-19 vaccination mandate in place. Ensuring that all NorQuest employees are fully vaccinated is an approach to health and safety that is best suited for the learning, working, and living environments of our college.
COMPETITION NUMBER: *2021-3186
CLOSING DATE: *October 11, 2021
Apply to become a NorQuester: * If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: * Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
Difference Makers._* If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations