New job Business Intelligence Developer in Prince Edward Island
Business Intelligence Developer
Company : Green PI Inc for Health PEI (Province of Nova Scotia)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Prince Edward Island
Green PI Inc is presently looking for a Business Intelligence Developer for its client Health PEI to provide services to research and design robust virtual care reporting metrics, key indicators, and communicate these to all stakeholders as a part of the Virtual Care Project Coordination Centre (VCPCC). This position will guide and support the implementation, utilization, and monitoring of comprehensive and practical performance measurement initiatives related to virtual care. This is a contract opportunity starting from November 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022.
- A university degree in social or health sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- A Master’s Degree
- Experience in performance measurement and monitoring
- Experience working with government organizations and/or Health Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Knowledge of health system
- Continual quality improvement
The successful candidate will provide all required business intelligence services associated with the VCPCC. The scope of the services may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning Results Measurement Activities: Conduct jurisdictional scans of appropriate virtual care metrics and assess generated reports for reliability and validity across all areas of virtual care. This includes research of best practices for results measurement, utilization and monitoring.
- Planning/Implementing Utilization Activities: Work with appropriate vendors and stakeholders to ensure the design of appropriate methods for virtual care indicator collection, retrieval, entry and analysis, balancing rigor with pragmatics.
- Federal/Provincial/Results Measurement Work: represent HPEI with reporting to relevant federal/national bodies (e.g. Health Canada, Canada Health Infoway (CHI), etc.)
- Technical Implementation of Results Measurement and Utilization Activities: Define key indicator requirements related to virtual care for both provincial and program-specific areas based on best practice evidence and benchmarking.
- Dissemination: The development of virtual care utilization reports and summaries, which communicate the findings to Directors, management, and staff.
- Education and Training: Prepare training and educational information on appropriate use of indicators, program evaluation, and techniques related to virtual care. This includes providing guidance and support to the VCPCC and other key stakeholders within Health PEI to ensure understanding of data collection processes and ensure consistency across program areas (Virtual Care Report Design Guide).
- Progress Reports: Attend project team meetings and provide bi-weekly progress reports to the VCPCC. Verbal progress reports are acceptable.
About our Company:
Green PI Inc is a growing company with a strong vision and firm financial backing. Registered in Ontario Canada in 2007, believes in ever-improving quality in engineering consulting and software systems development. We have recently been awarded the Innovation Award by “Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada”. Based in Mississauga Ontario, we have helped many organizations with their design engineering and software consulting needs.
16 Garfield Street,
PO Box 2000,
Travel required: Yes. Work will be conducted virtually and some on site.
Health PEI has outlined a 2-year Virtual Care Action Plan (VCAP) that includes the development and defining of reporting capabilities so that key indicators will be available across all virtual care services to guide both operational management and future service planning. Effective reporting is key to understanding the actual usage of virtual care services and is essential to effectively managing and planning both current and new virtual care capabilities.
- Inventory of Available Virtual Care Metrics: Overall inventory list identifying all currently available metrics related to virtual care and other related metadata
- Jurisdictional Scan of Reporting Requirements: Jurisdictional scans of appropriate virtual care metrics across all areas of virtual care, including research of best practices of results measurement, utilization, and monitoring.
- Development of Key Indicators: Definition of robust reporting capabilities so that consistent key indicators will be available across all virtual care services.
- Development of Virtual Care Utilization Reports: Work with virtual care vendors and other stakeholders to implement and test Utilization Reports based on defined reporting requirements.
- Virtual Care Report Design Guide: Work with vendor and other stakeholders to establish and document the report collection process for each virtual care service to ensure consistency across all reports. This documentation will include relevant analysis, design decisions, and technical information for operational hand-off.
Contract length: November 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022
Generally based on standard Health PEI hours from Monday to Friday.
Please provide salary expectations or an hourly rate along with a detailed resume and 2 references.
Contract length: 5 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-08
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- 8 hour shift