New Job Budget Officer In Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $67,026 - $77,607 a year
Location : Yukon
This is for a one year full-time term position; temporary assignments will be equally considered.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Administration, this position is responsible for assisting with the planning, development and implementation of the Insured Health and Social Services Divisional Capital, Operation, and Maintenance, and Recoveries budgets. The successful candidate will also provide:
- Salary forecasting;
- High level of financial analysis to support Divisional Management in resource allocations;
- Preparing quality variance briefing materials;
- Monitoring budgets and expenditures;
- Providing financial information required for decision making at various levels of the Insured Health and Social Services Division.
For more information about this posting, please contact Jaime Strachan at [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment.
For help on how to prepare your resume or apply on this competition, please visit Yukon Government’s website here. If you have questions about creating your e-recruitment profile or need support, email [email protected] or phone 867-667-9453.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with these essential qualifications. Note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume, including the use of YG’s “month/year – month/year” formatting standard.
- Diploma in accounting, financial or business administration;
- Experience with financial expenditure/budgetary forecasting and analysis;
- Experience in preparing a variety of financial reports within tight timelines;
- Experience working with computerized financial management information systems, along with strong Microsoft Excel skills; and,
- Experience working within a government financial environment, would be considered an asset.
Candidates who have education, training and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong ability to prioritize workload in a constantly changing work environment especially during month-end and year-end
- Strong ability to critically assess options and implications and link decisions to strategic goals
- Excellent commitment to creating and maintaining a client focused culture
- Excellent approach to promoting the application of positive organizational values, ethics and standards of conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams and groups to achieve organizational goals
Conditions of Employment: RCMP Security Clearance, WHMIS 2015 (within one month of hire)
Job Requirements: Works in an office setting, exposure to Video Display Terminal (VDT) at least 70% of the time, and requires the occasional period of overtime to meet operational deadlines.