New job Area Superintendent Transportation Maintenance in Yukon
Area Superintendent Transportation Maintenance
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $94,696 - $130,050 a year
Location : Yukon
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
Working as part of a dynamic team, the Area Superintendent is responsible for planning and directing all transportation infrastructure maintenance activities within a region and for ensuring the relevant transportation systems are safe for the traveling public at all times. This position manages a diverse workforce over a large geographic region.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Experience providing strategic leadership and advice at the senior management level
- Experience managing financial and human resources
- Experience in project management including managing contracts, budgets and supervising technical and professional staff
- Experience managing highway construction and maintenance projects in a northern setting would be an asset
- Post-secondary education in Project and/or Financial Management or other related discipline would be an asset
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Taking Action and Achieving Results
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics
- Developing People
- Demonstrating Client Focus
- Modeling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility
- Influencing Others
- Thinking Strategically
- Leading Change and Innovation
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence
- Travel throughout the Yukon
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Shelby Workman, Director TMB, [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Amy Johnson, HR Consultant, [email protected]