New Job Accounting Manager In Quebec
Company : Diff
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Reporting to the Director of Finance and working closely with the diff team, the Accounting Manager has responsibility for the processing and reporting on all contractual, accounting, and financial matters, as well as direct interaction with employees of the company and their on-boarding and ongoing support needs. This is a ‘hands-on’ individual contributor role that requires an independent, motivated, proactive individual.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL Accounting and Revenue Recognition as per accounting principles (GAAP)
- Oversee the processing of A/R Invoices in a timely manner and ensure that collections are on time.
- Oversee the processing of payroll, employee expenses, and contractor’s payout for accurate and quick processing.
- Oversee Accounting Associate ensure correct categorization of transactions, correct accruals, Bank and credit cards reconciliations
- Provide Financial, KPI, and PI reporting to the Director of Finance.
- Support month-end and year-end closing procedure
- Assist in preparing and publish timely monthly financial statements for group of companies
- Assist Director of Finance to manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting, requirements, and Sales tax filings
- Support the company’s administrative, IT, and human resources functions.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen the Internal controls
- Other roles and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Finance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate is an experienced Accounting Manager working in a small organization where responsibilities span across all functions of the company. As with any entrepreneurial environment, the ability to assess quickly and practically what needs to be done and roll up your sleeves to make sure it gets done is of critical importance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business (CPA considered an asset)
- 4+ years experience in an accounting/finance role outside of professional accounting. Experience with full-cycle accounting
- Experience working in a high grown Advertising or eCommerce agency
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Extremely organized and motivated self-starter
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize what matters most for the business
- Knowledge of Xero and cloud-based accounting. Familiar with Google docs etc.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
The above tasks are representative, but not all-inclusive.
Who we are
Diff is a full-service eCommerce agency that provides brands and retailers with end-to-end solutions to accelerate their growth. As one of the world's top Shopify Plus Partners, Diff creates best-in-class, award-winning brand experiences and robust eCommerce operations strategies. In addition to an award-winning portfolio, we’re also proud of our distinguished company culture. Ranked three years consecutively by Great Place to Work Canada, Diff is known for its inclusive values and a corporate culture that helps people reach their full potential. To learn more about Diff Agency, please visit diffagency.com
Bells & whistles
There’s a lot to love about working at a place where we do things a little differently. For starters, we see our team members as people, not as employees, and we foster a culture that encourages everyone to be their best selves. From our benefits package to the opportunities we provide for personal growth, we give our fellow team members the chance to evolve in a workplace that’s healthy, supportive, and fun.
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Discount on public transport
- Dialogue: Tele-medicine platform
- Cellphone allowance
- MacBook Pro / Lenovo Thinkpad for business and personal use
- No dress code, but please wear pants :)
This position is located in Canada and will be remote until a plan to return to the office is in place.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for us. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!