New job Warehouse and Supplies Associate in Ontario
Warehouse and Supplies Associate
Company : LGC Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Warehouse & Supplies Associate
North York/Toronto, ON
Science for a safer world.
For over 35 years Toronto Research Chemical has been serving clients globally with their biomedical needs. In 2019, TRC joined LGC, who is a global leader in life sciences sector. Together we play a vital role in providing mission critical components to customers across clinical diagnostics, pharmaceutical, research & government, food and other applied markets. We are driven by passion and curiosity, working together to make the world safer.
Perks of working at TRC include:
- Competitive Pay
- 100% Company paid competitive medical and dental benefits
- Group retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Store and restaurant discounts
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Onsite parking
- TTC Accessible
- Subsidized corporate gym membership with GoodLife Fitness
- Casual dress code
- Extended growth opportunities across TRC & LGC networks
TRC is looking for Warehouse & Supplies Associate to take on the below responsibilities:
As a Warehouse & Supplies Associate, you will be responsible for supplying, replenishing, and providing clean glassware, consumables, solvents and other supplies to the labs. You will also receive and distribute accurately and efficiently any incoming items to their corresponding locations, and manage and maintain inventory supply and counts.
- Collect used glassware from the laboratories and segregate for processing
- Wash and clean glassware by hand and/or by using automated laboratory glassware washer and ensure clean glassware is available for the labs
- Assist chemists in locating glassware and equipment
- Deliver and restock supply of clean glassware in the laboratory
- Notify Warehouse & Supplies Supervisor regarding equipment or other areas requiring repairs
- Maintain daily KPl's and dashboards
- Receive, unpack, and move all incoming materials and items to designated locations
- Update all purchase orders of received items as out lined in the standardized work
- Conduct daily and weekly inventory counts
- Create purchase orders and maintain adequate stock levels
- Assist clients with search queries of reagent database
- Pick chemical inventory per requests
- Replenish solvents and deliver to labs as out lined in the standardized work
- Provide on time and efficient delivery of goods between satellite
- Replenish solvents and deliver them to the labs
- Provide support for each satellite location as needed
- Housekeeping of warehouse and storage area
- Dispose of solvent bottles and drums from laboratory to waste area
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to proceed in the interview process will be contacted.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.
- College Diploma or equivalent
- Highly organized and ability to work in a fast paced working environment
- Works well and contributes to a team driven environment
- Understands and recognizes the roles, duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- Customer focus driven with good communication skills
- Task oriented self-starter that takes initiative to get things done
- The employee must frequently handle chemical compounds including toxic chemicals or those classified as Dangerous Goods and to treat accordingly.
- The employee must frequently lift, push, pull and/or move objects weighing 85 pounds
- The employee must be able to handle and maneuver heavy weights of 250 kg
- The employee may be required to wash glassware that has residues of solvents and organic compounds
- The employee may at times be exposed to unpleasant odours within the work environment
- The employee may at times be exposed to inclement weather
- Must be available for monthly rotating shift: morning shift 7 am to 3:30 pm and afternoon shift 11 am to 7:30 pm
- Completed Criminal Background Check