New job Student Connect Centre Recruiter in Alberta
Student Connect Centre Recruiter
Company : Red Deer College
Salary : $61,268 - $71,675 a year
Location : Alberta
The Student Connect Centre Recruiter collaborates with internal and external partners to execute the recruitment strategy for Red Deer Polytechnic domestic enrolment objectives. The main responsibilities include planning and executing recruitment activities; cultivating relationships with prospects, families, schools, and community organizations to promote Red Deer Polytechnic as a premier institution, and to facilitate the progression from prospect to applicant to student.
This role requires the ability to work independently and a high degree of flexibility, creativity, initiative, and collaboration.
The Student Connect Centre (SCC) serves as a single location for academic, award, and funding advising for prospective students, current students and community members. The SCC is a key contributor to Strategic Enrolment Management at Red Deer Polytechnic by providing information, training and resources, and by implementing strategies to meet enrolment and retention goals.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver presentations, workshops and resources to prospective students.
- Outline high school event needs, plan and execute event strategy, and other recruitment events as required.
- Recruit and convert leads to achieve enrolment targets and strategic enrolment goals.
- Collaborate with the SCC Advisor – Marketing and Communications to promote and market recruitment events and initiatives to students through a variety of promotional vehicles.
- Deliver on campus tours.
- Develop material for self-guided campus tour.
- Support the delivery of organization-wide events.
- Deliver information sessions and activities both on and off campus.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of the annual Counsellor Update Breakfast.
- Represent Red Deer Polytechnic and liaise with other schools/organization at both on and off campus events.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with high school counsellors, career advisors, external training and education providers, prospective students, parents/guardians, and external audiences.
- Maintain a database of recruitment events.
- Complete cost benefit analysis on recruitment events to measure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Recommend ELAA events that Red Deer Polytechnic should attend.
- Research recruitment initiatives at other educational institutions within Alberta and Canada.
- Collaborate with members of the Office of the Registrar on recruitment initiatives.
- Use creativity to develop recruitment initiatives to generate applications and increase conversion.
- Engage qualified leads, coordinate and execute outreach campaigns to persuade prospective students to apply and enroll.
- Measure the impacts of recruitment activities and events to inform future planning.
Advising and Client Service
General Client Service:
- Respond to inquiries made in person, by phone, email or mail in a timely manner.
- Inform Associate Registrar, Student Services of emerging issues as necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of RDC policies and procedures contribution recommendations to policy and procedure revisions.
- Refer students to other services and resources as necessary.
- Collect and record prospective and current student information ensuring compliance with FOIPP and CASL requirements using Banner, Grad Tracker, and Client Relationship information systems.
- Deliver academic program advising to current and prospective students.
- Educate students about career and academic planning providing accurate academic program planning information based on the student’s identified pathway.
- Provide accurate information to prospective and current students related to transfer credit, pathways, and prior learning assessment.
- Assist students with application, admission, and registration processes.
- Support admission to programs through review of assessments and testing results used to place students in appropriate courses and programs based on academic goals.
- Screen students and refer them to the award opportunities they may be eligible to receive.
- Guide students through the application processes for institutional and government awards.
- Advise students on the status of their award application(s).
- Provide instructions for submitting the documentation required for award disbursement.
- Advise students of the disbursement process for various awards.
- Generate a list of awards students have received.
- Respond to student requests for details on specific RDC awards.
- Direct students to external award opportunities.
- Refer students to financial wellness services at RDC and in the external community.
- Assist students to budget their resources.
- Screen students and refer them to the appropriate type of funding for their unique situation.
- Guide students through the application process for all types of funding.
- Advise students on the process for submitting missing information and funding appeals.
- Provide instructions for processing funding certificates, agreements, etc.
- Advise students on the status of their funding.
- Guide students through the tuition payment process for all types of funding.
- Guide students through the tuition extension eligibility requirements and process.
- Advise students on interest free status eligibility and guide students through the process of applying for interest free status.
- Provide information on student loan repayment and repayment assistance programs.
- Two (2) years of post-secondary training, completion of a community college certificate including trades apprenticeships or equivalent. In Business, Marketing, Communication, or related discipline.
- Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract
- 1 – 2 years of related experience
- Experience in the post-secondary sector
- Customer service, sales, marketing and/or promotion experience
- Superior communication skills including the ability to deliver presentations (both written and verbal)
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to source, compile, and interpret data for presentation to others
- Must be able to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a high volume work environment
- Must be willing to work independently and collaborate with others to achieve goals and objectives
- Proficiency with technology, Microsoft Office, and information systems such as Banner, Degree Audit, and Constituent Relationship Management
Preferred Qualifications Salary or Hourly? Salary Salary $61,268 - $71,675 annually Benefits and Compensation InformationRed Deer College offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to College closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays.
- Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits dependent upon the AUPE Collective Agreement and related RDC policies.
About Red Deer CollegeRed Deer College’s story began in 1964 when our first group of students attended classes. Building on our history, we proudly serve our learners and communities with diverse programs, as well as impressive learning spaces and facilities.
Red Deer Polytechnic (RDP) offers more than 100 programs, including applied and collaborative degrees, skilled trades, certificates and diplomas and micro-credentials. The Institution continues to grow programs across a breadth of credentials as it transitions to become a polytechnic institution. Once this transition is complete, the institution will offer the same breadth of programs and credentials it offers students now, in addition to its own degrees.
Applied research and innovation are among the ways in which we provide opportunities for students and faculty to collaborate with businesses and entrepreneurs to find solutions to real-world problems.
The Institution estimates that 6,200 full-and part-time credit and apprenticeships students will enrol for the 2020/2021 academic year. Red Deer Polytechnic also provides lifelong learning opportunities to 34,000 youth and adult learners annually in the School of Continuing Education. Our core business, teaching and learning, are at the heart of our institution’s mandate, as well as our vision, mission and values.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Métis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another. Our people – students, instructors, staff, and community members – make Red Deer Polytechnic a vibrant and welcoming post-secondary institution.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations