New job Service Centre Analyst in Ontario
Service Centre Analyst
Company : Regional Municipality of Peel
Salary : $70,457 - $88,072 a year
Location : Ontario
Service Centre Analyst
Service Excellence & Innovation Division – IT Operations Department
Contract Full-Time; 13 Months
Pay Band: $70,457 - $88,072 per annum
Reporting to the Supervisor Technology Service Centre, the Service Centre Analyst provides prompt and courteous service as the first point of contact for customers when they call or email for assistance. The Service Centre Analyst will focus on resolving information technology incidents or service requests.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service over the phone or by email for support for hardware, software, phones, network and applications
- Reviews and provides initial assessment of the severity and priority of requests
- Tracks escalated issues/problems and notifies supervisor if resolution is not provided to client within the service centre delivery standards
- Using remote access methods, provides support including installations, configuration and troubleshooting
- Dispatches to second level technicians within IT any incidents or service requests that require on-site assistance or second level specialized knowledge or authority
- Captures/records all relevant information for client requests in the service centre software
- Closes tickets once the incident or service requests has been completed the customer’s satisfaction
- Provides password reset for voice mail and data network access when required
- Participates as an effective team member for service delivery and problem resolution
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Section and/or the Division
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team, including other IT staff and departmental staff, contributing requirements and costs to IT project plans, operating plans, implementation plans, and ongoing support of IT services delivery
- Works in partnership with project teams to provide input on new service delivery offerings
- Maintains and upgrades skills in relation to new technologies
- Performs all duties in accordance with IT standards and procedures
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum 3 years experience in an progressive IT environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Windows / MAC operating systems, Microsoft productivity software, Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, Internet Explorer, Avaya telephone system/sets, end user computers (desktops, notebooks, tablets), print/fax/copy technologies, end-user mobility devices (cell phones, PDAs, Blackberrys, iPhones, iPads)
- Aware of best practices in Information Technology service delivery such as SDLC, PMBOK, COBIT and ITIL
- Able to travel to various regional locations; and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays, on-call rotation and/or shift work
- Lifting of equipment routinely required.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, practical problem solving abilities, ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster partnerships with clients, technical team, and management in an audience-friendly manner
- Driven to continual improvement of processes and working environment
- Able to handle fluctuating workloads, conflicting priorities and concurrent activities
- Able to work independently and has the desire to learn and share knowledge with team members
- Strong team player with excellent customer service skills along with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence, quality and client communication
- Demonstrated analytical skills along with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Exercise sound judgement and make decisions within scope of position
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton along with the ability to work remotely, as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to supporting community recovery from COVID-19. This plan will follow a phased approach that is guided by Public Health and Ontario's Framework for reopening. Get details
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm; Monday-Friday
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
New employees who commence employment on or after October 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated is determined as the status of having received the full series of approved vaccines (both doses of a two dose vaccine series, one dose of a single dose vaccine series) and any additional doses required and approved by Health Canada and having satisfied the full post vaccination period required to ensure vaccination efficacy. The Region of Peel reserves the right to request proof of vaccination at any time. Acceptable proof includes an Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccine receipt which you can obtain through the Provincial portal https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/, or other government-issued vaccine passport or certification.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.Additional Information:
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.