New job Remote Bilingual Field Nurse Case Manager in New Brunswick
Remote Bilingual Field Nurse Case Manager
Company : Bayshore HealthCare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
About the Role
Bilingual Field Nurse Case Manager (FNCM) will play an essential role in supporting patients living with a respiratory disease to improve both their health outcomes and quality of life. FNCM offers enrolment and reimbursement support to physicians and medical case management services to patients. Assist the physician with the completion of all program-specific paperwork and follow-up on submissions pertaining to obtaining drug reimbursement/coverage through private and provincial drug formularies to ensure patients have access to their prescribed treatments in a timely manner. Act as a key resource to physicians who are prescribing this medication and continuous support for renewals, and coverage changes.
100% remote role with travel for field visits to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador.
A day in the Life
- Assist the prescribing physician to complete patient enrolment; including on-site visits to the physician office to gather all pertinent and appropriate information to complete the necessary forms (private and/or provincial insurance) in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- Liaise and advocate with third-party providers and provincial governments as necessary to determine coverage options.
- Review patient charts in physician office (paper and electronic based); keep electronic charts
- Ensure patients are scheduled for blood work and notify physicians of expired blood work results
- Complete Welcome Call activities with the patient according to defined scripts
- Facilitate any required communication with physicians, Patient Assistant Programs or other health care professionals involved in the patients’ circle of care.
- Follow-up/advocate until a decision is received, ideally securing coverage for the patient.
- Work closely with the manufacturer local sales representatives to support specific physician’s and staff needs.
- Offer and/or provide educational training to patients and physicians on product’s administration
- Act as a central resource liaison for program stakeholders, which include physicians, nurses, patients and clinics.
- Provide updates to stakeholders based on observations in the field and physician’s
- Ensure patient records are maintained and data accurate to meet program reporting requirements.
- Must be able to identify and report AE’s to health Canada, Med Info and enter into source system and third party systems
- Report and document Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance requirements
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System as well as specific performance indicators for the project
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Requires traveling to physician’s offices on a regular basis as requested by the physician’s office
- Completes all relevant reports (time sheets, expenses, mileage, reports etc.) as per specified timelines and Bayshore’s policy
- Complete product complaint reports
- Adhere to Bayshore and manufacturer Policies and Procedures
- Complete other tasks as requested
What you bring to the Team
- Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse (RN/RPN) License
- Preference with Candidate that have experience with the product
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Patient Support Programs
- Providing excellent customer services skills internally as well as externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; English and Bilingual
- Reimbursement experience
- Understanding of provincial and private coverage criteria and how to navigate the Canadian Drug Coverage Landscape.
- Familiarity with the Special Authorization process for both public and private insurance in assigned territory.
- Strong Computer and Technical skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, tablets, web-portals/internet use
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Making decisions using sound judgment, and meeting deadlines.
- Accurate data collection and data integrity
- Ease with working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to drive for results
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional matter
- Strong sense of organization and attention to detail
- Self-regulation of time management and the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Familiarity with PIPEDA and how it applies in a confidential patient environment.
- Valid driver’s license with less than 2 infractions in the past 2 years