New job Regional Manager in Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $77,298 - $95,001 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions in Manitoba, and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments, subject to staffing approval.
The Community Planning Branch supports the development of healthy, sustainable communities by providing community planning and development services. Located in eight regional centres across Manitoba and supported by a Winnipeg office, each office delivers professional and technical planning services to local planning authorities, northern communities and the public.
We are seeking to fill a full-time regular position located in Selkirk.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access the application form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver's license.
- Must be a member of, or eligible for, Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Must be able to travel to early morning and evening meetings throughout the Province, as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Geography, or City Planning (Masters preferred). A combination of a related non-planning degree and planning experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience in professional planning, including approving subdivision applications, preparing zoning reports and by-laws, and drafting community planning policies.
- Management and supervisory experience with responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write for technical and public audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and to display initiative to pursue new challenges and opportunities
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with various levels of internal and external audiences.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities with strict timelines and flexibility with changing priorities and tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- General knowledge of the principles and applications of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to land use planning.
- Experience working with data management using a database system such as CITRIX.
Reporting to the Director of Community Planning, the Selkirk Regional Manager is responsible for overseeing the branch staff to provide professional services in the areas of community and regional planning to support sound decision-making by municipalities, planning districts, and landowners. The Regional Manager is responsible for the administration of the responsibilities delegated under The Planning Act and The Municipal Act, including providing advisory services to provincial departments and the public with respect to land use and sustainable development programs, projects, applications and interdepartmental initiatives. The Manager works on Branch-wide initiatives, works with other departments to support sustainable planning on private and Crown lands, and may be called upon to assist in other Regional offices.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.