New job R & D Team Leader in Quebec
R & D Team Leader
Company : PME MTL West Island
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
As a result of the COVID-19 situation, Jobs.westisland.ca is adapting to make it easier for West Island residents ready to work to connect with local companies ready to hire.
- Each company has protocols in place for employee safety.
- Each candidate must be practiced in social distancing and hygiene protocols in their personal life.
Together we will keep moving forward in a healthy, productive manner!
Position: R & D Team Leader
Status: Full time permanent position
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
About the Company
LUDA Foods has been crafting soups, sauces and seasonings for the food service and industrial markets since 1951. A third-generation, family-owned company, we are humbled by the long-standing trust North American chefs, buyers and their organizations have had in our LUDA brand line of dry mixes and refrigerated concentrates as well as the many custom private label products we have developed. And all of them are made-to-order, right here in Canada.
LUDA Foods’ specialties include gluten free, vegetarian, sodium reduced, Halal, Kosher, and clean label. Our manufacturing facility is HACCP and GFSI certified under the SQF referential, and all products comply with the GS1 FS3 certification. What is more, we are a CFIA meat and fish registered establishment with daily inspections.
As a Research and Development TEAM LEADER, you will be mainly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the R & D Department.
- Ensure optimal operations of the R&D department on a daily basis
- Train and Coach R&D technologist on best practices
- Determine the best way to process, package, preserve, store and distribute food items
- Evaluate target products and scratch products
- Perform tastings of products including allergen products such as (fish, seafood, wheat, soy etc.) and any meat or poultry (chicken, turkey, pork, beef etc.)
- Develop formulation following Canadian (as well as Country of Export) rules and regulations
- Conduct and complete various tests (steam table, freeze thaw stability, shelf life, mixes in complete recipes etc.) including organizing test panels
- Work closely with marketing on innovation and LUDA branded development or improvements
- Review and assign PROCU’s and DEV’s to appropriate resources,
- Monitor and follow up on all open PROCU’s and DEV’s with appropriate departments( sales, purchasing etc)
- Request and evaluate new raw materials
- Ensure nutritional values match project requirements
- Technical support for all departments as well as customers
- Document results according to defined procedures
- Work with production on first runs as well as Quality control for approval
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (food, chemistry, dietetics)
- Minimum of two years experience in a laboratory (food laboratory preferred)
- Bilingual, French and English
- Family-firm with a family ambiance: we encourage sharing and networking throughout the company, office employees benefit from a flex-time arrangement with core hours
- Competitive salaries reviewed annually
- Yearly bonus based on objectives and profits
- Health benefits features an individual health + dental plan fully paid by the company
- Low cost for a family plan
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program available 24/7
- Group retirement savings plan with an incentive employer contribution annually
- Company paid training and courses