New job Project Engineer in Yukon
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $85,241 - $98,915 a year
Location : Yukon
Who we are…
At Highways and Public Works we are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners.
At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe.
Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Transportation Engineering Branch is responsible for the design, rehabilitation and construction of different highways, bridges and transportation infrastructure throughout Yukon. There are currently approximately 45 people working at the Branch; we’re a diverse group of people who truly enjoy working together. The work is fast paced, varied and there isn’t a lot of downtime - even in the winter, as our planning and the majority of the design work is completed by our employees.
This position is responsible for providing supervisory and technical assistance at a professional level in various phases of highway construction from preliminary engineering through to project completion.
Learn more about what the Yukon has to offer and all the benefits of working for our Government.
For information about applying on a Highways and Public Works competition, contact HR Consultant Kylie Townend at [email protected]
For more information about this job, contact Luke Wadey, Regional Program Manager at [email protected]
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through e-recruitment.
Review the essential qualifications below; if you have these qualifications, ensure you clearly expand upon them (for each applicable employer) in your resume using a month,year to month,year format. Prior to applying refer to our sample resume to assist you in your application (no cover letter is necessary):
- University degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree from a recognized accredited engineering program;
- Currently registered as an EIT or Professional Engineer with a territorial or provincial Engineering association;
- Experience related to highways design and construction;
- Experience with Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) Guidelines related to geometric design and/or experience with engineering standards and practices related to highway design and construction;
- Experience with project, budget and contract management;
- Competence with various computer applications (ex. Microsoft Office, drafting software, design software); and
- Supervisory experience would be an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to apply engineering principles;
- Highway geometric design and onsite highway construction experience;
- Working knowledge of safety regulations and principles within construction zones;
- Knowledge of environmental implications and regulations associated with construction projects;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and communication skills; and
- Decision making and evaluation.
Conditions of Employment: Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s licence, currently registered or eligible for registration with Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon (APEY) & capable of registration as a Professional Engineer with EY within 6 months.
Job Requirements: Travel throughout Yukon, working in adverse weather conditions, use of personal protective equipment.