New job PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER in Manitoba
Company : Manitoba Hydro
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Manitoba Hydro is consistently recognized as one of Manitoba's Top Employers!
Manitoba Hydro is a leader among energy companies in North America, recognized for providing highly reliable service and
exceptional customer satisfaction. Join our team of Manitoba's best as we continue to build a company that supports innovation,
commitment and customer service.
We are seeking a Professional Engineer to join our Distribution Engineering Department. Under the general direction of the
Customer Service Design Engineer, the Design Engineer is responsible for working with a team of highly skilled technical staff and
consultants to design overhead and underground residential and commercial electrical distribution systems within the City of
Winnipeg Region for 66kV and below. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the review and sealing of design drawings and
collaborating with internal and external customers to ensure customer needs are met in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Provide engineering design support and project management for overhead and underground residential and commercial
compliance with standards, and cost efficiency are met.
- Assist in the implementation of other customer service and customer driven system improvement projects including the review
- Liaise with customers to ensure customer needs are met both technical and scheduling.
- Monitor and report on project scheduling and capital spending forecasts.
- Represent the department externally, on all technical aspects related to distribution design.
- Develop and participate in process improvement initiatives related to distribution systems including working with outside
- Work closely with Winnipeg Planning and Distribution Standards to implement new design concepts related to advanced
- Design, review, assume professional responsibility of as well as supervise the preparation of work order packages
- Perform field checks and review completed as-built work orders for technical compliance.
- Liaise with other internal Departments, as well as other Utilities, Government. Departments and Municipalities concerning
- Review proposed planning reports to ensure recommendations are practical and can be implemented safely.
- Ensure that recommendations contained in planning and protection reports and memos are implemented in work orders
- Assume delegated responsibility in absence of the Customer Service Design Engineer.
- Graduate in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University with a minimum of six years of related experience and a
- Must be a registered member of Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and in preparing and making oral presentations.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of both Corporate and Industry Standards in the field of electrical utility distribution
- Capable of devising new methods or modifying standard principles or practices to new or changing conditions.
- Good knowledge of Corporation policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Display initiative in handling involved and adverse technical problems.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba Driver's Licence.
MANITOBA HYDRO IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
Reference Code: CO56529703-01
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Defined-benefit pension plan.
- Nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off, providing for a balanced approach to work, family life
Visit www.hydro.mb.ca/careers to learn more about this position and to apply online. The deadline for applications is
October 8, 2021.
We thank you for your interest and will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations
during the recruitment process.