New job Petroleum Mechanic / Bulk Fuel Technician in Nunavut
Petroleum Mechanic / Bulk Fuel Technician
Company : Nasittuq Corporation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nunavut
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
Nasittuq provides exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defence (DND).
WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE VACANCY FOR A
BULK FUEL TECHNICIAN
- Perform all POL tasks, inspections and tests on the POL tank farms including the pumps and lines
- Inspect, maintain and repair the bulk fuels system tanks and pipelines on a daily and weekly basis
- Take receipt of bulk fuel and ensure that the fuel is deposited in the appropriate storage facility
- Perform fuelling services with POL products for authorized aircraft, outlying building and miscellaneous storage tanks/units which includes the transfer of fuel from the tank farms to the day tank and portable tank
- Assist in de-fuelling operations from aircraft wing tanks under direction of Flight Engineer
- Respond to emergencies of POL system failures
- Perform repairs on all fuel supply systems (restoration of services) as per industry standards
- Accurately record all work orders for the facilities, as well as records or normal and abnormal operating conditions and malfunctions along with corrective actions taken
- Perform duties related to being a Fire Brigade member
- Possess PM3 certification or equivalent certification in accordance with provincial/territorial regulations
- 5+ years experience working with fuel
- Must be eligible for ENHANCED RELIABILITY security clearance and pass a pre-employment medical
- Must possess a valid passport to overnight in Thule, Greenland during enroute to CFS Alert, NU
- Ability to work cross-culturally and be a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required
The positions in Alert are Fly In/Fly out. Our permanent positions are 8x8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop,hobbies and clubs
- Hours of work are typically 40 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in addition to the annual salary amounts
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- Permanent positions receive company pension plan payments
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process .
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.