New job Pedagogical Counselor - Continuing Education in Quebec
Pedagogical Counselor - Continuing Education
Company : Champlain Regional College
Salary : $46,114 - $82,585 a year
Location : Quebec
St. Lawrence Cegep Champlain is seeking the services of a Continuing Education Pedagogical Counsellor, to work on a part-time specific-project (3 days/week – October 12, 2021 to June 30, 2022) in the Academic services department at its St. Lawrence Campus located at 790 Nérée-Tremblay in Québec City.
Under the authority of the Dean of Faculty, the role of the Pedagogical Counsellor - Continuing Education is to develop, plan, organize, supervise and evaluate customized activities and programs in the various training areas, for groups of individuals or companies. Employment therefore includes advisory, facilitation, information, development, support and feedback functions for teachers, and other CEGEP contributors, in relation to the pedagogy, especially for curricula and tailor-made training, learning and teaching strategies and evaluation methods. In addition, this person will establish and maintain links of consultation and partnerships with organizations and businesses in the area.
In fulfilling the mission, vision and values of the College in the context of Continuing Education, the incumbent:
1. Proposes and ensures the implementation of outcomes and specific strategies for Continuing Education (including items which foster student success) as a part of the College’s Strategic Plan;
2. Participates in the development of Continuing Education offerings including planning, needs assessment, curriculum development, marketing, as well as implementation of all programs, courses and seminars, including full-time programs, business and industry training, government sponsored training programs and non-credit courses;
3. Develops proposals and ensures follow-ups with Emploi-Quebec regarding training programs;
4. Participates in the development of AEC programs;
5. Evaluates and revises AEC programs in response to individual, community and business needs;
6. Establish program calendars for Continuing Education activities, including the ministerial financial parameters and budget constraints;
7. Establish a strategy to promote the training offer, in collaboration with the communication counsellor;
8. Organise and facilitate information sessions and conduct the necessary follow-up for the registration process;
9. Assumes responsibility for Recognition of Acquired Competencies (RAC) services currently offered on Campus;
10. Supports managing the budget for Continuing Education and identifies potential new sources of revenue;
11. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced university degree in education or pertinent discipline.
- Significant experience in teaching and pedagogical strategies will be considered an asset;
- Experience in customer services will be considered an asset.
- Strong autonomy and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English – French;
- Knowledge of the business community and socio-economic partners;
- Master of the usual computer tools (Microsoft Office suite) and particularly Excel.
Champlain Regional College is an equal opportunity employer and invites candidates to signify their belonging to groups targeted by the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory with your application, therefore please be sure to submit yours.
If you are applying from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email inviting you to attach your CV in order for your application to be considered.