New job Pedagogical Counsellor (Replacement) in Quebec
Pedagogical Counsellor (Replacement)
Company : Vanier College
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Under the authority of the Continuing Education Coordinator, the Pedagogical Counsellor collaborates in the development of programs and pedagogical projects for ACS (AEC) programs, for DCS (DEC) programs in Continuing Education, corporate training and RAC. Among other fields, the incumbent will develop specifically courses and programs in the field of Early childhood Education and Computer Science.
The Pedagogical Counsellor advises, leads, provides information, develops, supports, evaluates and provides feedback to teaching staff, management responsible for teaching services, and other stakeholders at the College. The incumbent will be responsible for pedagogy, particularly in new or existing ACS (AEC) programs of study, and ensuring quality learning and teaching strategies, appropriate nature and methods of evaluation, as well as reporting, research and innovation.
More specifically, but not limited to the following, the Pedagogical Counsellor- Development works in these areas:
- Responsible for identifying and analyzing the needs of individuals, organizations and businesses in terms of workforce development and continuing education in order to work with teachers, managers and other members in the conceptualization, planning and organization of training, activities, projects and new courses/programs;
- Recommends and develops new programs to expand our service offering;
- Develops innovative strategies to solicit prospective learners;
- Responsible to elaborate a development plan and time-line.
- Participates as a member of program teams through program changes such as program evaluations and implementation of new programs;
- Promotes the ACS (AEC) programs offered to a variety of clienteles, including individuals and employers, who may require this service;
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of promotion and recruitment activities;
- Participates in information sessions for teachers and students;
- Collaborates with the Registrar’s office on the admission process and recommends the issuance of AEC certificates, where applicable, in accordance with College orientations and policies;
- Offers counselling, training and professional development sessions in areas of expertise, and undertakes the related evaluation and follow-up;
- Is involved in the production and development of educational materials including course frameworks and program grids.
- Collaborates with the Continuing Education Coordinator, the Registrar’s Office and HR for teacher allocation;
- Liaises with the Faculty Deans, Departmental Coordinators, Registrar, Human Resources, Communications, Services for Students and other departments for matters concerning curricula, complaints, hiring and equipment needs, planning and development of promotional material;
- Provides information and works with the technician for preparation of schedules;
- In consultation with the Director and Coordinator, provides appropriate liaison with both internal and external committees and attends meetings as required.
Other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (35 hours a week)
Contract: A.S.A.P. until July 27, 2022.
Classification: Conseiller ou conseillère pédagogique (Pedagogical Counsellor)
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field of specialization, particularly administration, education science or andragogy.
Conditions related to the specific position:
- Extensive knowledge of post-secondary education and the Quebec college system;
- Extensive knowledge of program and/or course development;
- Extensive knowledge of pedagogy and training programs;
- Knowledge of College academic standards, regulations and practices;
- Knowledge of government immigration regulations;
- Cultural openness and ability to work in teams;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Rigour, analytical and synthetic skills, diplomacy;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (to be tested);
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills (to be tested).
- Strong oral and written French communication skills (to be tested).
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations