New job Manager Fund Development & Partnerships The Gathering Place in St. John's, NL Yesterday New! in Newfoundland and Labrador
Manager Fund Development & Partnerships The Gathering Place in St. John's, NL Yesterday New!
Company : The Gathering Place
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
About The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place's mission is to provide low barrier, street level supports for marginalized individuals through collaborative partnerships and engagement. As a non-profit, community health centre, The Gathering Place provides integrated health and social services to individuals who are homeless or precariously housed. We are rooted in respect, the promotion of personal dignity, and care to all persons. The Gathering Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is an integral member of the Management Team. Responsibilities include:
- Help develop an overall fundraising strategy that includes preparation of proposals and grant applications to public sector agencies, including all levels of government,
- Develop proposals for private and individual donors
- Monitor and meet deadlines for Grants and Funding
- Research funding opportunities
- Compile reports and statistics as required
- Help maintain strong relationships with TGP partners and donors
- Build strong regional partnerships, working with many stakeholders to meet all required deliverables
- Develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, TGP Partners, as well as the media
- Support and partner with the Executive Director on all major initiatives
- Monitor all donor activity
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, or related field
- 1-2 years' experience in funding and donor development
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & communication skills, including Public Speaking
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
Equivalencies will be considered.
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent, Full-time Position
- Optional health and dental coverage
- RRSP Pension Plan
- Please submit your application to [email protected] by Friday, October 1, 2021.
We believe that all employees should understand we exist to help those who need it most and that "kindness wanted" is more than just words, it is the foundation of who we are as an organization. As such, The Gathering Place looks to hire people who are qualified and social-minded.
The Gathering Place appreciates all applications, however, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.