New job Manager Equity Reporting & Business Intell (Designated) in Nova Scotia
Manager Equity Reporting & Business Intell (Designated)
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $6,737 - $8,440 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Equity and Anti-Racism Initiatives
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 10/11/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. Under the Government of Nova Scotia’s Employment Equity Policy, this position is designated and therefore, only applicants from the following group will be considered: Indigenous Persons, African Nova Scotians or Other Racially Visible Persons and Persons with Disabilities.
If you are a member of one of this equity groups, you must clearly identify in your cover letter and self-identify during the application process, to be considered.
We value a workplace where diversity, in all its forms, is encouraged and recognized for its contribution to a more creative, rewarding, and productive public service to our broader community.
Valuing diversity challenges us not only to be a public service that reflects the community we serve but also to create a more respectful and productive public service and to be a model for other employers in Nova Scotia.
We encourage applications from those that equally value diversity.
The Office of Equity and Anti-Racism Initiatives (OEA) will provide oversight and enhance efforts related to equity and anti-racism throughout government.
We are an energetic team with a positive attitude and determination to make a difference by applying an all of government approach to address systemic racism and ableism, promote diversity and achieve anti-racist outcomes that lead to economic success and well being.
If you are interested in making a difference in the area of equity and anti-racism and wish to join a strong team environment who strive to achieve success, we are interested in hearing from you.
About Our Opportunity
The Office of Equity and Anti-Racism Initiatives (OEA) is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and dynamic person to join our team.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to help shape, guide and support the effort of addressing systemic racism, ableism, promoting diversity and achieving anti-racist outcomes throughout government having a direct impact on marginalized communities.
The Manager, Equity Reporting & Business Intelligence is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of analytics driven strategies and solutions. The Manager plays a significant role in strategy, policy and programming work.
This position reports to Executive Director.
The Manager, Equity Reporting & Business Intelligence will direct the development of a performance measurement framework and ensure that key performance indicators are available to decision makers to inform strategic direction and monitor performance and accountability of equity initiatives and strategies, including equity mandate initiatives across all departments, this position also:
- Leads the creation of an accountability framework to be used in communicating government progress on meeting equity and anti-racism expectations.
- Direct and provide strong leadership to the business intelligence and data analytics team to ensure a full range of analytics capabilities are developed and enriched.
- Responsible for the proactive development and deployment of metrics to improve insight into risk, outcomes and performance through the implementation of sound business analytics practices that support strategic planning, decision support, ongoing performance monitoring, and reporting on department and accountability plans.
- Liaise with and beyond other government department and various communities shared information and analytical interests and resources related to equity dashboard, social determinants measurement and other initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience
This role requires you to have a Bachelors’ Degree in a related discipline, involving performance measurement frameworks, data analytics, policy, research methods etc. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. You will possess exposure and experience in the area of equity, diversity and inclusion.
As the successful candidate, you are fully proficient in a Microsoft Office environment, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation tools.
In addition, you will have:
- Proven experience in statistical research and program analysis
- Previous experience in developing performance measurement frameworks
- Previous experience in developing performance dashboards/reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and preparation of briefing materials
- Demonstrated ability to build collaborative working relationships.
Experience working with community partners in the collection and use of data would be considered an asset.
You will have experience with the following leadership competencies: analytical thinking; attention to detail; client orientation; initiative; adaptability & flexibility; effective interactive communication; intercultural and diversity proficiency; and outcome focus.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace: our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in, we have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless career paths.
- Department specific flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: EC 12
Salary Range: $3,368.38 - $4,220.16 Bi-Weekly
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].