New job Learning Coach, Attagutaaluk Elementary, Igloolik Nunavut, in Nunavut
Learning Coach, Attagutaaluk Elementary, Igloolik Nunavut,
Company : Government of Nunavut
Salary : $78,036 - $122,360 a year
Location : Nunavut
School: Ataguttaaluk Elementary School
Community: Igloolik, Nunavut
Qikiqtani School Operations invites applications for the following position:
The closing date for this competition is Open until filled
Start Date: 8/11/2021
The status (and end date, if applicable) of this position is: Indeterminate
The position is 1.0 (Full-time)
Please note: Subsidized staff housing is available BUT sharing may be required.
School Description: Ataguttaaluk Elementary School is a K-6 school with approximately 315 students
- Eligible for Teacher Certification in Nunavut
- Minimum 2 years experience as a classroom teacher
The Learning Coach is a trusted guide, facilitator and co-learner who models and supports the use of effective, evidence-based instructional practices in literacy. Learning coaches help classroom teachers refine their teaching by observing, coaching, and mentoring them in the classroom. The role of the learning coach is to:
- Experience in reading and writing processes, acquisition, assessment, and instruction around balanced literacy
- Experience in collaborative support to students in the effective implementation of formative assessment and differentiated instruction
- Experience with formative and summative assessment implementation, reporting and analysis
- Experience in early literacy instruction and beginning reading skills
- Experience planning, directing, facilitating, modeling or coaching professional development for adult learners
- Experience as part of the school team or in a leadership role at the school, regional, or Territorial level cross-culture and/or northern teaching experience
- Ability to communicate in Inuktitut as well as English (verbal and written) would be an asset
Please Note: The Learning Coach teacher may be re-assigned to a classroom due to operational requirements.
Salary: $78,036 to $122,360
The Northern Allowance for Igloolik, Nunavut is $22,579
Qikiqtani School Operations is committed to:
- Promotion of the Inuktut Language and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Societal Values)
- Improving Student Literacy
- Inclusive Education
Resiliency, adaptability and resourcefulness are assets to employment and northern life.
Applications must be emailed (Word Document or PDF file) to [email protected]
Note: Attachments over 10mb will not be accepted.
Ensure that the subject line of your email states the Reference #AES 2122 12984 B . Attach a cover letter and resume with the names of 3 current references (including your most recent supervisor).
Applicants from outside Nunavut must provide a copy of a current public-school teaching certificate from a jurisdiction recognized by the Nunavut Department of Education or proof of enrollment in the final year of a Canadian Bachelor of Education program. Applications that do not include this documentation will not be considered.
Current Government of Nunavut employees must hold a valid Nunavut teaching certificate and must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
External applicants (not currently employed by the Government of Nunavut) must submit a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) and a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) before appointment to the position can be finalized.
Note: CRC and VSC forms expire after 6 months, please ensure these are up to date.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
The Government of Nunavut is committed to a more representative workforce to best serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Land Claims beneficiaries.
Human Resource Officer: Todd Hainnu