New job Instructor, Equipment Operator Program in Nunavut
Instructor, Equipment Operator Program
Company : Nunavut Government
Salary : $95,882 - $108,810 a year
Location : Nunavut
Indeterminate (If there is no successful Nunavut Inuit this position will be offered as a 3-year term.)
This employment opportunity is restricted to residents of Rankin Inlet only.
Short-listed candidates may undergo a vulnerable sector check as necessitated by the demographics of the learners participating in the program.
Under the supervision of the Senior Instructor, Equipment Operator Programs, Kivalliq campus, the incumbent’s primary responsibility is to plan, instruct, evaluate, and report on student learning in Nunavut’s Equipment Operator program; and to provide the same level of delivery/support for the College’s Equipment Pre-employment program(s).
In addition, the incumbent provides support in the planning, reporting & delivery of Nunavut’s Equipment Operator program and professional driver training programs, including the application, and handling of equipment simulators programs.
This position is located in Rankin Inlet, Kivalliq Campus. The position is responsible to the adult population of Nunavut’s communities and works with various individuals, organizations, industry, and government departments, in order to deliver the approved Equipment Operator Program; and meet all standards and requirements of the Nunavut Occupational & Certification Board.
The ideal candidate must have Certification in Heavy Equipment Operator, plus a minimum of 2 years teaching/instruction experience, preferably in a northern setting, as well as certificate in Adult Education is required, or must have an aptitude to work towards one; The incumbent is required to have a detailed working knowledge of the occupations subject area, in particular how the training programs are applicable to industry.
An acceptable combination of education and experience maybe considered.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatugangit is an asset.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Land Claims Beneficiaries.
- Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.