New job I&IT Asset Control Analyst in Ontario
I&IT Asset Control Analyst
Company : Metrolinx
Salary : $64,598 - $90,100 a year
Location : Ontario
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our I&IT Asset Management office is seeking an Asset Control Analyst to be responsible for developing, building, and supporting software application packaging for deployment across the organization. The IT Asset Control Analyst will also be responsible for packaging commercial off-the-shelf / custom-developed / or other applications using various tools for deployment to an environment consisting of approximately 6000 end user systems.
What will I be doing?
- Creation, modification, and testing of computer packages for a variety of applications
- Development of customized application packages and compatibility testing of applications and packages as well as any remediation of software packages
- Designing, Planning, Developing and Delivering application packages to I&IT support teams for mass automated roll-out, decommissioning and retirement.
- Work with architects, project managers and team leaders to ensure projects progress efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Participate in projects and program initiatives in the areas of end-user devices and applications to design and build automation packages, configuration, images and help support team to deploy productivity tools, monitoring and automated updates.
- Creation of deployment jobs and scripts for a large I&IT environment.
- Service a diverse end user group and a strong ability to facilitate teamwork within the department.
- Contributes to the establishment and implementation of ITAM policies, processes and procedures for IT asset planning and compliance, fostering/ensuring compliance with software license and hardware contract requirements.
- Completion of a diploma Computer Science (or engineering), or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in Software / Systems / Infrastructure / Networking.
- Microsoft SCCM is required, Certified ITIL Professional is considered as asset.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with and supporting desktop computer technologies and a wide range of commonly used application software (MS Office Suite, MS Outlook/Exchange; Windows Desktop operating systems; Adobe Acrobat; Crystal Reports, VMware Workstation, etc.).
- Experience with the following Systems in required: Microsoft SCCM, Ansible, Windows Operating System, Active Directory, Windows security, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft WSUS.
- Experience in Desktop technologies: Desktop applications, OS, Network. Troubleshooting advanced software and network-related issues. Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft SCCM. (Designing, Testing, Deploying, Configuring, Patching, Remote control, Metering etc.).
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER